NFL 2023

Lineker

Aaron Rodgers on his recovery timeline “just because somebody hasn’t ever done it a certain way doesn’t mean it’s not possible”

The arrogance of this guy.  Go ahead and rush the rehab champ, nothing could possibly go wrong.

• Haha 1

That's just begging to get re-injured. Possibly even worse. He should either take his time - like anyone who isn't an egomaniac and has common sense - or retire.

I'm still surprised that the Vikings almost beat the Eagles. And wishing I hadn't started Hurts the fantasy teams that I have him on. My other QB on that team? Kirk Cousins. 

Edited by GhostMachine
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Aaron Rodgers on his recovery timeline “just because somebody hasn’t ever done it a certain way doesn’t mean it’s not possible”

The arrogance of this guy.  Go ahead and rush the rehab champ, nothing could possibly go wrong.

I actually laughed out loud when he left the possibility of returning in the playoffs on the table.  It just felt very calculated.

First off, the Jets have to actually make the playoffs.  As I said the other day, I think they could if Wilson doesn’t play horribly, but that’s still a big if.  They still should’ve been defeated pretty soundly by Buffalo if Allen didn’t have one of his worst games.  It’s just as possible Wilson sucks and the Jets start like 1-5 and that’s that.  A Rodgers return becomes moot.

Second, if they actually did make the playoffs, no coach is starting a 40-year old QB off of a major injury and presumably rushed recovery, especially when what was done up to that point was good enough.  Rodgers himself could just be all like “I feel pretty good and like I could go but this has been Zach’s season, he deserves this chance”

So basically he can talk a big game knowing that nobody’s actually gonna hold him to it.  He doesn’t even have to actually rush back at all, just merely pretending he will earns him points with the easily impressionable fans and pundits.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Busch Wyatt said:

I actually laughed out loud when he left the possibility of returning in the playoffs on the table.  It just felt very calculated.

First off, the Jets have to actually make the playoffs.  As I said the other day, I think they could if Wilson doesn’t play horribly, but that’s still a big if.  They still should’ve been defeated pretty soundly by Buffalo if Allen didn’t have one of his worst games.  It’s just as possible Wilson sucks and the Jets start like 1-5 and that’s that.  A Rodgers return becomes moot.

Second, if they actually did make the playoffs, no coach is starting a 40-year old QB off of a major injury and presumably rushed recovery, especially when what was done up to that point was good enough.  Rodgers himself could just be all like “I feel pretty good and like I could go but this has been Zach’s season, he deserves this chance”

So basically he can talk a big game knowing that nobody’s actually gonna hold him to it.  He doesn’t even have to actually rush back at all, just merely pretending he will earns him points with the easily impressionable fans and pundits.

Before he was injured, a lot of people were acting like it was a given that the Jets would make the playoffs. Me personally, I thought the odds were more likely than not, but not an absolute fact. Playoffs, maybe. Super Bowl, no.

I had the Jets losing to the Chiefs, Dolphins and *maybe* one more loss prior to Rodgers being hurt. That is no longer the case, and I have them at 5 losses possibly with Wilson. And I also had them beating the Cowboys. That is also no longer the case. And no one I  from the board we do weekly picks for fun on, or anyone I know personally is picking the Jets.

3 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

That's just begging to get re-injured. Possibly even worse. He should either take his time - like anyone who isn't an egomaniac and has common sense - or retire.

I'm still surprised that the Vikings beat the Eagles. And wishing I hadn't started Hurts the fantasy teams that I have him on. My other QB on that team? Kirk Cousins. 

... You might want to go back and look at the score from last night

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Meacon Keaton said:

I read his comment like six times, because I thought he was making a corny joke that I just wasn't understanding. But nope. GhostMachine believes in golf rules. 

Actually, I left the word `almost' out. The Eagles only won 34-28, and I was expecting them to win by 14+. But I still wish I had started Cousins over Hurts. Had a few more fantasy points. I'm debating which one to start next week, but am leaning toward leaving Hurts in play.

Edited by GhostMachine
  • Haha 1

I’m legitimately surprised that the Giants are still favored over the Cards by 4.5 and that line has stayed steady all week.

Andrew Thomas, their only good OL, has been ruled out.  They let up 7 sacks against Dallas last week.  Arizona got 6 sacks last week.

As such, the Giants’ pass game figures to be non-existent.  Short of a big game from Barkley I’m not sure how they’re gonna score any points.

27 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Not sure if the Bucs just outmatch us or our line is trash but Fields has been sacked 5 times so far! This is just rough to watch. How many weeks before I'm not being hyperbolic in wondering if we are getting the number one pick again?

Our o-line is trash for sure and Fields holds onto the ball for way too long.

• Sad 2