NFL 2023

Lineker

I wasn't able to watch the game tonight, and thought for sure we were going to blow it. Hoping we come out strong against the Chiefs because I don't know if we can come back three games in a row.

Also, of the Chiefs do win, I'm totally betting on Kelce proposing on the field after the game to TS.

1 hour ago, Pooker said:

I wasn't able to watch the game tonight, and thought for sure we were going to blow it. Hoping we come out strong against the Chiefs because I don't know if we can come back three games in a row.

Also, of the Chiefs do win, I'm totally betting on Kelce proposing on the field after the game to TS.

Ok fine. I'll watch the Superbowl! :P 

• Like 1

I'll admit that as much as I wanted the Lions to win I do think this probably leads to a better on-field Super Bowl.  Feels weird to say that given the Lions have been fun and competitive all year plus they already beat the Chiefs.  But it'd just be a gut feeling.

Had the Lions won I'd probably have this sinking feeling that it would be 2 weeks of everyone hyping up the Cinderella story and trying to talk themselves into a Lions win only for Mahomes to just show up and jump off to a 3-score lead and the game quickly becomes a dud.

7 hours ago, Krabby said:

Gutted for the Lions peeps here 😕

Dont be? I'm happy today. 

We're three years removed from the football terrorism of Bob Quinn and Matt Patricia. Holmes has built a nice squad, we're gonna be back. 

Capable GM, young core, and a coach people would run through a wall for. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

Dont be? I'm happy today. 

We're three years removed from the football terrorism of Bob Quinn and Matt Patricia. Holmes has built a nice squad, we're gonna be back. 

Capable GM, young core, and a coach people would run through a wall for. 

For the most part this tracks with how the Lions' subreddit is responding.  I do think there's a smattering of "we might never get this far again" mixed in there and I don't think it's all that doomerish to feel that way, Campbell himself told his players something similar.  Not that he believes this was their only shot, but that it very well could be.  Sobering reality is very few teams ever get to the level of the Chiefs and Niners where they're in the Conference Title game every year.  Winning in January is extremely hard.

But if you're a Lions fan, your team's sucked most of your life and your season's been dead by October for a lot of your fandom.  At the bare minimum they've set themselves up to be a team that should be fun to watch for the next few years and if the team's giving the fans an actual full season every year it's already a huge improvement from what they're used to.

If they become the Bills where they make the playoffs every year but get their hearts broken annually, maybe eventually the mindset will change.  But it's easy to see why after this first heartbreaking playoff loss, Lions fans are able to move forward with their heads high.

• Like 1

I'm angrier today than I was yesterday. Total coaching malpractice by Harbaugh and Monken after the team went down. Spags showed you what he was going to do and you spend 3 quarters letting him get away with it, and then finally when the team hits a groove on offense they're in panic mode and make massive mistakes that coaching should've told them not to make.

We draft as well as any team in the league and develop players arguably better than any team in the league and with a multi-time MVP QB have 2 playoff wins against the division champions of the conference's worst division to show for it.

• Sad 1

I truly believe that they're absolutely right that the Raiders would be the best spot for him. Pairing him with Davante Adams, Josh Jacobs, and that scary defense would certainly elevate them. 

13 minutes ago, LL! said:

I truly believe that they're absolutely right that the Raiders would be the best spot for him. Pairing him with Davante Adams, Josh Jacobs, and that scary defense would certainly elevate them. 

And hire an OC that meshes with him and Antonio Pierce. Pierce could help get his mind right and that kind of move could inspire Jacobs and Adams to get back to a higher level.

Yeah its not sensible for the Pats to do that when they can stand pat or move up and land one of the top 3 QBs, then have him for his entire rookie contract.  Fields hasn't proven enough to ditch a rookie QB contract, that's one of the most valuable assets you can have these days.

• Like 1