2024 NFL Off-Season thread

Lineker

On 29/04/2024 at 20:20, Szumi said:

As a lifelong Philadelphia Eagles fan, my favorite pick of the draft is forever going to be trading to grab Jeremiah Trotter Jr out of Clemson. Dad was an absolute icon here, and seeing his son now join the team is just so amazing to see. 

I had the same thing last year when the Steelers drafted Joey Porter Jr, it's amazing how emotional it gets to see the legacy of a former player continue with their son. Plus he's fit in nicely to the team, so it's a win-win.

Schedule will be released next week.  Only known game so far is Packers/Eagles on a Friday night in Brazil week 1 and the obvious that the Chiefs will host the Thursday night opener.  Recent history suggests the league tries to book an up and coming team for that opener whenever possible, feel like the Texans would fit that mold the best.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets are on MNF week 1 with ESPN possibly putting in a request for a do-over after what happened with Rodgers last year.  If that actually happens it'd be amusing if they went full bore with it and did Bills/Jets again.  The Jets fans' PTSD-fueled reactions to that announcement would be funny.

I'd expect 5-6 Ravens primetime games. Bills and Eagles in Baltimore both feel likely. Certainly at least one of the Bengals games and with Wilson at QB the Steelers. That leaves the road game in KC and road game in Houston. If it's not the Texans opening in the Thursday night game it'll be us.

Forgot the Chargers on the road. We played in primetime against them last year but Harbaugh vs Harbaugh is enticing and will at least be the 4:25 national game.

The one positive I find to Giants having a bad season and expected to be bad again it's that their primetime game total will drop again.  Before 2022 they were only announced for one primetime game which was their lowest since 2004.  I don't know if they'll be dropped that far, I think at minimum they'll get 2 (a MNF and TNF game).  NBC tend to be a bit more aggressive in trying to avoid bad matchups so jury is out on if they'll be getting a SNF for the initial schedule.

I think it's a total lock that Saquon's return to MetLife will be on primetime, probably a Monday nighter and I'd expect it in the first 2 months of the season before the Giants season totally unravels or Saquon gets hurt.  Even if the Giants suck that's an easy storyline for them to sell a game on, and the talking heads will all but openly be rooting for him to score 3 TDs.

The guy hasn't had more than 600 yards receiving in the last 4 seasons, only ever even got close once.  Who the hell is offering him MORE than $8 million a year?

• Like 3

Tom Brady might become the first person to walk out of their own roast before this night is over.  Walked up and told Jeff Ross “don’t say that shit again” about a Robert Kraft joke and is visibly looking agitated about the repeated Gisele jokes everybody has.

The fuck did he think was gonna happen? :lol:

• Haha 5

Ron Burgundy got an entire arena full of people to say “Eli Manning made Tom Brady his bitch” so yeah, this night is success.

And now Belichick is roasting :lol: this is the right kind of chaos even if it’s not a great roast on its own.

• Haha 4

On 03/05/2024 at 13:56, Maxx said:

The guy hasn't had more than 600 yards receiving in the last 4 seasons, only ever even got close once.  Who the hell is offering him MORE than $8 million a year?

At this point, he should be situational usage or just a body to fill a bench spot.