The Old XBOX Megathread

zero

Just bought a RROD 360 for £16 delivered and the xclamp kit for £2. Anyone fixed one of these before? I'm hoping to sort it so the girl can stop stealing my box to play Gaylo >_>.

Yeah, I did it to one of my old ones. As long as you have the right screwdriver, its fairly simple. You can find decent enough guides online that'll give you an idiots guide.

Also, it gives you a good excuse as to why you have nail polish remover in your tool kit shifty.gif

Gears Weekend

On the versus side, this week sees the return of the Brothers to the End playlist - a 2v2 Team Deathmatch game mode.

For those Horde-ers amongst you, this week brings the Horde Dance-a-Thon, which allows you to gain extra XP and bonus cash the longer you can stay alive. Once you fail a wave and your streak is over, your XP and cash bonus will reset to their original level. You don't need to restart Horde to get the benefit of the bonuses, however - once you continue, the bonuses will start to rack up again.

Interesting. Horde, lads?

Well you do love your Horde....It's a deal! Eitehr very late today or Saturday/Sunday evening.

Just bought a RROD 360 for £16 delivered and the xclamp kit for £2. Anyone fixed one of these before? I'm hoping to sort it so the girl can stop stealing my box to play Gaylo >_>.

Yeah, I did it to one of my old ones. As long as you have the right screwdriver, its fairly simple. You can find decent enough guides online that'll give you an idiots guide.

Also, it gives you a good excuse as to why you have nail polish remover in your tool kit shifty.gif

Just watched a few videos, looks easy enough, I've been inside a few Xbox's and even had a nosey inside the DVD drive case so i'm fairly familiar with it, just hoping the fix works ^_^

Looks like I'm not gonna be able to Gears for a little bit. For some reason my xbox won't connect to my internet box, and I have no idea why, I've tried all the different things it suggested, but to no avail.