The Budweiser FA Cup

• 2 weeks later...

They moved the Sunderland match to TV on the Sunday so I won't be going anymore. Bit disappointed to be honest as I thought it would be a good day out, but that is the risk you run as a very mediocre Premier League team when the broadcasters are looking for a Cupset.

Meanwhile, Yeovil v Fleetwood is turgid in the sense that Fleetwood are 1-0 up at Yeovil and I don't even think you could call it a shock if they won. Yeovil are dire while Fleetwood are quite good to watch and playing well. Although early on Mangan had a great chance for Fleetwood, missing from about a yard out with a header. Afterwards a Yeovil player seemed to say something to him, could have been Huntington since he's a colossal tit, and Mangan grabbed him around the cheeks.

Now the commentators described it as "a bit of afters" and nothing else was mentioned. However in light of Yaya Toure and Juan Mata I can only assume such an incident will result in a media shit storm and Mangan will have a post-match ban implemented of a million years since he grabbed his face?

EDIT: On a more serious note, as I typed that, Huntington and I think Mangan had a bit of a tussle which ended with Huntington standing on Mangan. It looks like a stamp similar to Bardsley on Mata earlier in the Premier League, so if so I think Huntington should definitely receive a punishment as it looked like a pretty deliberate stamp. Will be interesting to see if anything comes of it because if it was a Premier League match 100% would there be a retrospective punishment handed out, so this shouldn't be any different. Especially since it's on live television.

Edited by IAceI

• 3 weeks later...
  • Admin
Blackburn Rovers fans have been urged to boycott their own club's FA Cup match on Saturday and watch a local non-league club instead.

Fans campaigning against the Premier League club's Indian owners Venky's have urged supporters to watch Chorley.

Blackburn Rovers FC Action Group said at least 120 fans planned to miss their club's away match at Newcastle United.

Non-league Chorley are struggling for money after a £70,000 shortfall was discovered in the club's accounts.

The suspected theft was reported by the club in September and a 23-year-old local man was subsequently arrested on suspicion of false accounting but later released without charge.

Police have said they are continuing to investigate.

The club are managed by former Rovers player Garry Flitcroft, while another ex-Blackburn star Matt Jansen is player-coach.

Blackburn Rovers FC Action Group has been protesting about the way their club is run by Venky's, who took over at Ewood Park in November 2010.

Last week, Rovers posted an annual loss of £18.3m, increasing the club's overall debt to £26.3m. They are currently 19th in the Premier League, three points behind 17th-placed QPR.

Founder Gareth Jones said: "We have got our problems at Blackburn and everything in the Premier League is about money.

"This is a chance to forget about that and see some real football with some real fans."

He said supporters also wanted to show their appreciation for Flitcroft and Jansen for what they did for the club.

He said more than 120 Rovers fans had already said they would attend the Chorley game versus North Ferriby United instead.

Mr Jones added: "We don't know how many others will be going - it would be great if we could get 500."

Formed as a rugby club in 1875, Chorley FC embraced football eight years later.

Its best known former players are England striker Paul Mariner, who played for Ipswich and Arsenal, and ex-Blackpool and Everton forward Mickey Walsh, who won BBC Match of the Day's Goal of the Season in 1973-74.

Earlier this year Chorley, who play in the Evo-Stik Premier League, emulated Barcelona and Aston Villa by having a charity on their shirts with the logo of local children's hospice Derian House.