Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

"I think that will be the growth and the process with the group - it's never linear, it's never straight up"

I do like Brendan Rodgers as a manager but as a person, he comes out with the most ridiculous mid-management-esque things and it really bugs me.

Then again this is the same man who uttered the term 'death by football'.

I like how he seems to have pretty much said 'we were shit' yesterday too by saying how the defeat was 'self inflicted'.

Rodgers just reminds me of David Brent with the stuff he comes out with at times.

Yeah, loads of people are already calling him that. I hate how we've gone from a manager who couldn't handle interviews to one who was ridiculously snappy to one whose next words always seem like they will involve the term synergy". I guess I just miss Rafa's silky voice, but at least he's back on TV :blush:

He was hurt. Doesn't deserve to be boo'd. Sometimes people get hurt but can still play.

Days like this I'd hate to be a Swansea fan. I appreciate their style - and love that under Lambo we do a similar passing style but since Spurs scored they needed urgency. And they've lacked it. Still passing the ball for 2 minutes in your own half when losing and in the last 10 is silly. Not saying smash it forward, but show some urgency.

Jake Livermore getting a yellow card without actually playing for even a second was pretty hilarious.

I hope Michu's alright, but Lloris did nothing wrong and I find it really doubtful that Townsend knew what had happened when he was on the break.

It wasn't pretty, but was very happy with the win. But you could tell Spurs should've put the ball out when Michu got punched. Lloris did nothing wrong, but I'd have been furious if I were a Swansea fan has Spurs scored. Shocked it ended 1-0 but delighted to have kept a clean sheet.