Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

These kinds of results are why this (league) season has been much better for me as a Liverpool fan than last season, despite what I'm guessing is a fairly similar haul of points. When you're missing out on Europe there's nothing worse than insipid percentages football, which is what made the Roy Hodgson era even harder to bear.

Sturridge now has 7 goals and 3 assists in 11 PL games for Liverpool. 20 goals next season for sure!

As many goals as Torres has scored all season apparently! :o

@ChelseaActivity: Sturridge: 7 goals in the league for Liverpool since January. Same as Torres all season. That's all. @chelseafc #CFC

I got that from the above. Is his league tally just 7? Or is this wrong?

Torres has 7 in the league, Stoker :/

Yeah you gets stats like "Torres hasn't scored in the PL since December 23rd (against Villa)". Which, as it happens, was about a week and a half before we signed Ba and actually started rotating strikers. And funnily enough Torres has barely made any PL appearances recently because he's been on 'midweek duty' on account of Ba being cup-tied for the Europa League in this rotation.

So in those circumstances, Torres' goals have been coming mainly in the midweek cup games rather than the Premier League. Staggering.

That first goal Wigan conceded was embarrassing, just twat the ball out or as far up the field as you can instead of bricking it and doing a shit backpass to the keeper