Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

• Admin
BT has secured the rights to broadcast 38 Premier League games for each of the seasons from 2013-14 to 2015-16.

BSkyB will continue to show the majority of matches, having secured the rights to 116 games per season, the Premier League said.

The total of 154 live matches is 16 more than currently broadcast and more than 40% of all top-level matches.

The sales raised £3.018bn, an increase of £1.25bn on the current package which shares rights between BSkyB and ESPN.

"We welcome BT as a new Premier League broadcast partner," said Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore.

"They are a substantial British company that is at the leading edge of technology and infrastructure development."

He said BT would "deliver new ways in which fans will be able to follow the competition".

He added: "The continuing support of BSkyB for Premier League football is significant beyond the revenues delivered; the longevity and quality of their commitment has done much for the English game as a whole."

Under the new agreement, BT secured two of the seven packages on offer, showing 28 Saturday lunchtime games and 10 matches taking place on bank holidays or midweek evenings.

To hell with BT Vision. I can't even get it unless I had an aerial installed on the roof of my house. And how much are they? Surprisingly expensive...

Bet you they'll get the midweek Chelsea away game that I'll want to watch on tv (in which case, internet stream it is).

To hell with BT Vision. I can't even get it unless I had an aerial installed on the roof of my house. And how much are they? Surprisingly expensive...

Bet you they'll get the midweek Chelsea away game that I'll want to watch on tv (in which case, internet stream it is).

I'm stuck with Virgin Media due to a lack of BT broadband in my area so a Sky package would cost me a fortune. Stupid lack of consumer choice.