Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

Summers would have an anyeurism.

I'd laugh while United fans cried. He'd be a horrible choice. He pays over the odds for British dross and gives them massive contracts.

I was going to say something similar. O'Neil would not be a great choice for a club like United.

Oh God, I see the "X is a bigger club than Y" argument limping painfully over the horizon.

I watched Goal! on BBC1 last weekend and Santiago Munez clearly states 'Newcastle are a big club'. He later went on to play for Real Madrid so I'd suggest he knows what he's talking about.

• Like 1

I like how we went from discussing who the next Everton manager will be when it isn't currently an issue to now talking about who the next Manchester United manager will be, which also is not an issue.

Laudrup looks a good appointment for Swansea. Hopefully he can keep them at the level they reached last season.

Well if it clears anything up; according to F365, 29% of people think David Moyes will be the next Tottenham manager. Narrowly beating Harry's wife 'Saaarndra' on 26%. Official.

Edited by IAceI

• Admin
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has boosted Joe Cole's hopes of resurrecting his Anfield career by insisting every player will start with a clean slate when they return to training next month. I met up with Joe Cole when I was in Spain," he said. "I certainly know he's looking to come back. I've got to assess all the players. For me it's fresh for everyone - I'll be new into the club.

• Admin

They're not the most reliable sources ever but there are rumours floating around on Twitter that we've offered AVB a three-year contract. Personally I doubt that we've done anything with anyone this quickly. but we shall see....

Laurent Blanc outside chance to Spurs maybe?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/new-tottenham-manager-laurent-blanc-887185

I'm not actually terrified at the thought of AVB. The problem is, Tottenham are NOT the club to go to if you want 4 or 5 years to build some kind of dynasty, sadly.

Laurent Blanc outside chance to Spurs maybe?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/new-tottenham-manager-laurent-blanc-887185

I'm not actually terrified at the thought of AVB. The problem is, Tottenham are NOT the club to go to if you want 4 or 5 years to build some kind of dynasty, sadly.

Why not? You already play attractive football, have some good young players, he won't (or shouldn't) be sacked for missing out on the Champions League (whilst still having a very good chance of qualifying for it) and your chairman is willing to spend a fair bit of money on players. I'd say Tottenham is pretty much the perfect club for AVB to go to right now.

....Which is probably my thinking. Apparently for the last 6 months plans have been put in place to replace Redknapp and bring in a new structure involving younger players, bringing them through, finding young stars etc and Redknapp tends to look towards getting the best out of the older guys.

Looks like Tim Sherwood will move into the role of being in charge of the different academy groups and work with the new manager in that respect. Will be a shame to see Kevin Bond and Joe Jordan leave though, I liked those guys.

At The Belfry.

Sadly not, he was on the move.

Maybe totally wrong, but the Belfry in Birmingham? I stayed there once.

me too. food was shit, but man the pool/gym/etc are awesome. especially the hyro-therapy shit. did that with mrs. summ it was amazing.