Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

Arsenal v Sunderland is our opener, suppose that could be considered.

I'll refrain from playing out our opening matches on paper like some. All I asked for before today was preferably a home opener to a midtable team and no top 5 teams or newly promoted teams in the opening first four games or so. We got Arsenal [a] and Reading [h] so that went well for me.

Edited by IAceI

As parents, they seem brilliant. We’re only 4 years old, and from the second we were born they did a great job. But then it slowly dawned on us, Mum always hugged us, told us she loved us, did her best for us when the c**ty foreign kid moved in next door started trying it on with us and so on, but Dad never did any of that. I can’t remember him ever saying he loved us, telling us how well we’d done, denying that he wished the taller prettier kid down the road wasn’t his instead. But that doesn’t matter, he’s our Dad, and he’s doing a good job.

But then, we start to notice that he’s coming home later from work every night, Mum doesn’t look at him the same way she used to, she wanted to renew their wedding vows but he said he had other things to do. Then he gets in trouble with the law, taxes they say, but Mum doesn’t mind, she’s there in the court every day, giving her full support, and when he’s acquitted, for a brief second, it looked like the spark was back, but that night, the woman that Dad thought was the fittest Mum in playground broke up with her Italian boyfriend and said she was single, and suddenly we saw Dad’s eyes start to wander and Mum distance herself. He started paying less attention, all those fun times we were having were gone, he didn’t seem to have any time for us anymore and to make it worse the d**khead neighbour beat the s**t out of us one night and Dad didn’t know how to help. But then, he seemed to start trying a bit more again, I heard Mum on the phone to her friends saying it was just because the fit Mum had started to go out with someone new, and Dad had apparently come grovelling, offering to renew their vows again.

He even got Mum a present, and promised to take her to all the nice places in Europe like they had the year before, but apparently he’d not paid the proper deposit and someone else was, rightly or wrongly, allowed their tickets. Dad said he’d done all he could, but Mum said he should’ve been able to get the better package if he’d paid more attention, which wouldn’t have needed a deposit, but that was now sold out so they had to settle for the consolation package, to all the places not as nice as the ones they could have gone to. Mum opened her eyes, and I think she realised they were other guys out there making moves for her, able to do a better job than perhaps Dad was doing, show her more love and ambition. She soon asked Dad to move out and filed the divorce papers.

All Dad’s friends in the pub said mean things about Mum, and the kids at school didn’t seem to understand either, they all thought Dad was great and we should’ve been happy with what he was doing. But Mum said to ignore them, they didn’t know the whole truth about Dad, only some of it, she said to ignore the k**bhead down the road who was laughing at us for Dad moving out, she said they were sad and pathetic, who may have lived in a nice house, but it was hollow and soulless, and no-one would want to live a life like them. I understood, I even felt sorry for them. Hopefully that makes more sense to people who didn’t see it before, and hopefully they’ll now think twice before questioning Levy and the Tottenham fans that aren’t too upset or surprised by Harry’s exit. I wouldn’t put money on it though.

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-sport/tottenham-hotspur-sacking-harry-showed-ambition-and-spurs-should-be-applauded-for-it/

• Like 1

Got a question to ask regarding your club and how they sell tickets. At Liverpool last season we started to sell the tickets in blocks so July and November. Does anyone else's club do this? I mean you can usually get tickets leading up to the games but its rather annoying as a non season ticket holder but as a member to have to do it this way.

Ditto Newcastle, go to season ticket sale about a month before each game, then members and general sale. Maybe its an attempt to scrape a bit more cash pre transfer window to throw at rubbish players?

Maybe it's to make sure fans still turn up to Anfield even though traditionally in the Premier League your season is downgraded to a rebuilding season around the new year.

Unless Kenny Dalglish is manager, then it's downgraded to a rebuilding season around September.

There is a lot of rebuilding to do. Especially when you go from Xabi Alonso and Mascherano to Paul Konchesly and Christian Poulson within a year. The club was left behind under Hicks and Gillette, when Spurs and City were investing we were being stripped down to near adminstraton. Liverpool could have gone the way of Leeds.

It's struggling to catch up but you have to remain optimistic that it will at least to some extent.