NBA 2012-13 Thread

If it's his team it would make sense to save some money and stop buying up all star/hof caliber talent rather than guys who gel with his style/personality. I get the sudden Kobe sentiment and I thought he would be special before he'd even stepped onto an NBA court, but this has not been an MVP season. Not when you consider he's alienated two valuable teammates with the (proven) abilty to win games. Surely part of being a valuable player is making a team play better as a whole?

If it's his team it would make sense to save some money and stop buying up all star/hof caliber talent rather than guys who gel with his style/personality. I get the sudden Kobe sentiment and I thought he would be special before he'd even stepped onto an NBA court, but this has not been an MVP season. Not when you consider he's alienated two valuable teammates with the (proven) abilty to win games. Surely part of being a valuable player is making a team play better as a whole?

I'm not pushing him for MVP, but he's earned the right, in LA, to act the way he does.

That's the real thing. His team was better last year with less. He's only as valuable as his team is seeded.

• Like 1

I'd even argue this was LeBron's best regular season yet (and one of the best, if not the best in modern NBA history). 27-8-7, 1.7 SPG, 56 FG%, 40 3P%, best player on a 65 win team with a 27 game win streak and elite defense at all five spots. Even advanced metrics favor him, as he'll may set a WS48 record of .322 (beating Jordan's modern record of .321, at least 30% usage).

Just insane all around.

Bucks can take the Heat a long way if they fire on all cylinders offensively and they play Defense to the very best they can. Jennings-Ellis is the best Frontcourt tandem in the East

Edited by DJ Ice

Bucks can take the Heat a long way if they fire on all cylinders offensively and they play Defense to the very best they can. Jennings-Ellis is the best Frontcourt tandem in the East

They really aren't.

Ellis and Jennings are shooting 41% and 39% this season. They take a lot of shots and it adds up to a lot of points so it looks as if they're really good scorers.

Plus they play in the back court. <_< I'd probably rank Deron Williams/Joe Johnson ahead of them.

• Like 1

They really aren't.

Ellis and Jennings are shooting 41% and 39% this season. They take a lot of shots and it adds up to a lot of points so it looks as if they're really good scorers.

Plus they play in the back court. <_< I'd probably rank Deron Williams/Joe Johnson ahead of them.

Freudian slip, I obviously meant the backcourt.

I wouldn't count OKC out at all. They can spread the ball around to equal a lot of Westbrook's production and no matter what they still have Durant who can probably handle the increased amount of shots he'll probably have to take. His whole idea of efficiency with shot selection might have to go out the window a bit and he'll have to trust himself to take the 50/50 shots. I really don't think this derails the Thunder's chances.

At least this will settle the debate of whether or not Westbrook is holding the team back.

• Like 1