NBA 2012-13 Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So it looks like Kobe tore his achilles tonight so the Lakers are pretty much fucked (if they weren't already).

But it did lead to this little gem on ESPN.com:

LEKob2n.jpg

Yeah, I'm pretty sure a TORN ACHILLES will keep him out of the playoffs! >_<

So I need Utah to beat Minnesota and Memphis in two road games and the Lakers to lose two home games against San Antonio and Houston so that the Lakers miss the playoffs...

C'mon Utah... I think at this point though, the Lakers have qualified... Only to be swept in the first round by OKC...

So it looks like Kobe tore his achilles tonight so the Lakers are pretty much fucked (if they weren't already).

LEKob2n.jpg

That makes perfect sense. They're stating he looks done for the season no matter what it is and potentially the playoffs as well.

My point is that if you're going to run with the idea that it's a torn achilles, questioning whether or not that means he'll be out for the playoffs is redundant because of course he will be. If you want to play up the "what does this mean for their season!?" stuff then say it's injured and nothing more. Doing both just makes them look dumb.

LEKob2n.jpg

You seem to greatly underestimate Kobe, a torn achilles will keep him out of one...two training sessions, tops.

Totally gutted for Kobe. He has been TREMENDOUS for the Lakers, especially down the stretch. Playing through injuries at over 40mins a game, was playing whole games, and just carrying a de-motivated and overrated Lakers into the playoffs. Sucks for LA too, as if they ended up versus Spurs in the first round, I could've seen them possibly pulling off an upset there.

Fuck LeBron. If Kobe doesn't win the MVP, the whole thing is a farce... well more so than it already is.

Totally gutted for Kobe. He has been TREMENDOUS for the Lakers, especially down the stretch. Playing through injuries at over 40mins a game, was playing whole games, and just carrying a de-motivated and overrated Lakers into the playoffs. Sucks for LA too, as if they ended up versus Spurs in the first round, I could've seen them possibly pulling off an upset there.

Fuck LeBron. If Kobe doesn't win the MVP, the whole thing is a farce... well more so than it already is.

You have to remember though the Lakers are only the 8 seed and have had Two All-Stars in doing so, even though Dwight definitely didn't deserve to be an All-Star, the judges are still going to look at that, and denounce Kobe. Plus, LeBron has been incredible this season, even though the Heat have showed they CAN get it done without him (Bosh on his own for example), he has been amazing. If it was my choice, I'd give it to Kobe, but I really cannot see the NBA giving him it.

Oh I know that LeBron WILL get it, but my point is simply that Kobe has been the true MVP. He's just been incredible. LeBron has had an amazing season - he has shown he's the best in the NBA, despite my hatred of him.

Kobe has a strong cast around him, much like LeBron, but the quality of that cast has shown to be massively difference. Nash and Gasol can't stay healthy, Artest is quite shit, and Howard's spent 90% of the season being a little bitch.

As long as LeBron is putting up 27-7-8 there's nobody else in the MVP discussion. Especially someone on an 8 seed. They can win without LeBron, sure, but he makes the team unstoppable. Without him they're a team you would worry about headed into a matchup with New York in the playoffs. With him they're a team you'll be surprised to see drop a game against the entire East.

I admire Kobe for perhaps being the toughest player in the league, but come on on that MVP talk. The only player remotely in that discussion not named LeBron was Durant, and that ended with the 28 (or whatever it was) game winning streak.

I'm not a huge Kobe fan, but I did want to see what the Lakers had for the playoffs.

Mike D'Antoni though. I once respected him as a coach with Phoenix, but he wrecked Amar'e in NY and now Kobe. Really just coaches for the short term. It's pretty awful.