2013 NFL Season Thread

Lint

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In addition to Akers, the Lions also signed this guy

• Like 2

A bit late, but I'm happy to see them take a chance on McClain. They certainly needed someone to fill that void. Signs are pointing to Urlacher coming to town as well, which could replace a leadership void and hopefully help McClain directly. That would also let them ease in a rookie ILB instead of rushing someone in there before they have the pro game down.

This offseason has really turned out to have been well managed by the Ravens. New look team, but I don't sense too much of a step back. They need to find someone to fill Boldin's hole at WR, and could really benefit from adding another OT, but beyond that they've managed to fill most of their real glaring holes.

• Like 1

Interesting.

Profootballtalk's Mike Florio reports Mark Sanchez could be part of the Darrelle Revis trade to the Bucs.

Citing a source with knowledge of negotiations, Florio reports Jets-Bucs trade talks have "included the possibility of the Buccaneers assuming the contract" of Sanchez. Getting out from beneath the Sanchez deal would be a coup of epic proportions by Jets rookie GM John Idzik -- and earn him an official Rotoworld hat tip. Sanchez has one of the worst contracts in football. The Bucs want competition for Josh Freeman, and have cap space to accommodate Sanchez.

Just coming to post this. So sad :(

Eagles start off with 3 games in 10 days, then finish the season with 3 road games. Well atleast I didn't have high expectations going into the season

After taking a look at the schedule, I am thinking San Fran could be battling for a wildcard next year. :unsure:

The Niners have a terrible last month of the schedule stretch (which is the most important time of the year). Then I took a look at Seattle's schedule and realize the road is much easier for their main competiton. The Niners last four games are against the Seachickens, a cross country trip which is always a mess (luckily it's just against the Buccs), the Falcons (aka the best regular season team in the NFC), and then against Arizona (who I think is going to be the surprise team of the NFL next year).

Then to make matters worse, the begining of the schedule doesn't look too promising either with a game against Mr Rodgers and then a trip up to Seattle. Ugh,my Niners could start off the season 0-2 quite realisticly and I believe with the way the schedule is shaping up that the week 17 match up with Arizona could be for a wildcard spot.

And then they get their usual 6 game divisional vacation. The Pats race to the playoffs will surely be another nailbiter.

Cowboys/Raiders on Thanksgiving, come to Dallas DMN!

• Like 1

After taking a look at the schedule, I am thinking San Fran could be battling for a wildcard next year. :unsure:

The Niners have a terrible last month of the schedule stretch (which is the most important time of the year). Then I took a look at Seattle's schedule and realize the road is much easier for their main competiton. The Niners last four games are against the Seachickens, a cross country trip which is always a mess (luckily it's just against the Buccs), the Falcons (aka the best regular season team in the NFC), and then against Arizona (who I think is going to be the surprise team of the NFL next year).

Then to make matters worse, the begining of the schedule doesn't look too promising either with a game against Mr Rodgers and then a trip up to Seattle. Ugh,my Niners could start off the season 0-2 quite realisticly and I believe with the way the schedule is shaping up that the week 17 match up with Arizona could be for a wildcard spot.

Cards schedule isn't too bad at all this coming year, especially towards the back end of the season. As of right now though, roster-wise there's no way I can see us getting a Wild Card. Hopefully can find some gems in the draft because SanFran and Seattle should be able to sew up any play-off spots from the NFC West.

And then they get their usual 6 game divisional vacation. The Pats race to the playoffs will surely be another nailbiter.

Cowboys/Raiders on Thanksgiving, come to Dallas DMN!

Maxx, I love you like a brother, but I'm not coming to Texas, a state i absolutely loathe, to see the Raiders get their heads kicked in. I'll just stay here and go to the beach or something.

Wait, did AZ get a QB?