2013 NFL Season Thread

Lint

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what else pisses me off about espn? You really can't get any kind of draft coverage because its ALL insider, and fuck paying for that. I don't follow the college game thoroughly so I'd like a bit more than cbssportsline analysis of players strengths and weakness.

In reference to the site I meant.

Edited by VerbalPuke

The problem with draft coverage is that it requires a bridge between college experts and pro experts that is difficult to find. Most of them are employed by teams or agencies and can't really lend their knowledge to a TV network. It's something where the demand exceeds the supply, and that probably will remain the case as scouting becomes even more scientific and analytic. As a result even more hands are needed by teams and agents.

Sadly, I think Jerry Jones is this generation's Al Davis. And I don't mean `football legend' Al Davis. I mean later day `seriously out of touch/has no clue' Al Davis. The only difference is Jones had no clue to begin with.

I am not looking forward to the rest of the draft at all, considering my answer to `what do you think your team should do with their next pick?' each round is `trade Tony Romo to another team for some picks'.

Edited by GhostMachine

Aaron Rodgers has apparently agreed to a 5-year, $110 million deal. This sets the mark for highest annual salary in league history. He will make $40 million next year, the most ever.

Rodgers' deal is a bit weird, apparently it is really frontloaded. Taking the average salary for his total contract now (7 years, $130.1 million), it's still less than Flacco's 5/$120M.

I got my information from this article, which says it exceeds Flacco's. Not that it matters since in the NFL the money that matters is the guaranteed stuff. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9215794/green-bay-packers-sign-aaron-rodgers-five-year-110-million-contract-extension-according-source

Also, word is the Jets are eyeing to move up to guarantee themselves a QB.