2013 NFL Season Thread

Lint

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't really been able to watch games, or follow the season like I'd like. Are the Raiders, like, actually competitive, or does the AFC just suck? The only team that I can remember really kicking their ass is Denver,

Raiders aren't doing much of note.

Lucky bastards :shifty:

That would just be the Patriots, after playing so shitty that whole first half.

Hey, when you collapse after playing so well the first half, you fucking deserve to lose. I should know, I've watched all the Bucs games this season :shifty: .

Lucky bastards :shifty:

That would just be the Patriots, after playing so shitty that whole first half.

Hey, when you collapse after playing so well the first half, you fucking deserve to lose. I should know, I've watched all the Bucs games this season :shifty: .

Quit yer belly achin', Tampa (bay) is on a roll right now! :lol:

About the game tonight, I've never seen such a huge momentum swing in a game of that magnitude with the offensive powerhouses involved, especially given the team up 24 points on the receiving end of the original momentum is quite possibly the best offensive group ever.

The numbers Peyton Manning and the Bronco's team have put up this year are legendary and I doubt they will fall under the top 5 scoring teams (most points in the regular season) of all-time before the season is done. I just don't see how that team blows a 24 point lead when they are facing a crippled defense that lost their 2 best players for the season. That game shouldn't have gone to over-time.

Edited by Universal

I'll say this one more time: our defense is awwwwwful.'

And Peyton in cold weather is awwwwful. Even if we end up getting home-field, we are boned. Exact opposite of the Elway years.

The only reason we had a big lead in the first place is because New England refused to hold on to the ball for the first quarter. It's not like we came out guns blazing on offense.

I'll never root against my Giants, but at this point if they lose out or come close to it I wouldn't be devastated. They made it interesting but with the playoffs all but an impossibility I wouldn't be averse to getting the highest draft pick possible.

I can at least take solace in the fact that I can't see Dallas or Philly winning the Super Bowl. They'd probably have to host a better team than them in the Wild Card round, and if they got through that they'd almost assuredly have to take a trip to Seattle or maybe the Superdome depending on how the seeding works out. The road to the Bowl may even go through both.

I can't see Coughlin even remotely trying to lose out, it's not in the guy. Although I really think that's our best route going forward if we want to build for another playoff run while Eli is around (assuming he isn't a turnover machine next year).

You guys don't have to try to lose out, just need to play against QBs with more than 6 career starts and it will take care of itself.

Anyways, if the Cowboys win the division they're going to get smoked by whichever of the Saints/Panthers doesn't win their division. Or the 49ers.

Dallas might luck out and get the 3 seed though since the NFC North no one wants to take that division either. Getting the 3 is a huge upside as instead of getting the 4 and having to play Carolina or New Orleans like stated, they will have to play the likes of Arizona, San Francisco, Green Bay, Chicago, Detroit. None are to scary at all especially on the road.

Either way though, in my eyes I only see Seattle, New Orleans or Carolina going to the Super Bowl. And whoever has homefield through out, especially if its the Seahawks or Saints, have a great odds in their favor.

On the other hand, who knows about the AFC. You think the Broncos have everything figured out in their favor, if Patriots don't turn the ball over all game the game wouldn't have been even close. I just can't wait to see Denver still get homefield and it to be 25 degrees and snowing in January in Denver. What will Peyton do then? Let Moreno kill himself again with 40 touches?

Shaping up to be a pretty unpredictable year for the most part, and it only gets more interesting from here on out.

Last thing, prediction for the future, the Pittsburgh Steelers will be playing in a second round playoff game this year. Mark my words.

Dallas might luck out and get the 3 seed though since the NFC North no one wants to take that division either. Getting the 3 is a huge upside as instead of getting the 4 and having to play Carolina or New Orleans like stated, they will have to play the likes of Arizona, San Francisco, Green Bay, Chicago, Detroit. None are to scary at all especially on the road.

Either way though, in my eyes I only see Seattle, New Orleans or Carolina going to the Super Bowl. And whoever has homefield through out, especially if its the Seahawks or Saints, have a great odds in their favor.

I wouldn't count out San Francisco if Crabtree can get back in time and breathe some life into their offense. On the opposite side of that, I'm not totally buying into Carolina yet. The talent is there, to be sure, but most of their guys lack post-season experience, and I'm just not sure they can make a deep run.

No idea on the AFC, and I could honestly see it playing out like it did with the Ravens last year with a Wild Card team getting hot at the right time. Broncos are definitely the favorites, but last night could've been a preview what's to come for Peyton in the cold weather. The Patriots, Bengals, and Colts have all been inconsistent at best. The Chiefs seem to struggle when playing teams that actually win, so I'm unsure of their chances either.