2013 NFL Season Thread

Lint

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess hitting a guy with your arm around his chest is illegal now.

I'm not going to say that shitty call against the 49ers lost them the game against New Orleans, because the offense played terribly, but it definitely affected the game.

I guess hitting a guy with your arm around his chest is illegal now.

I'm not going to say that shitty call against the 49ers lost them the game against New Orleans, because the offense played terribly, but it definitely affected the game.

It's because it was the quarterback. If it was anyone else, it wouldn't have been called.

I get that but some consistency would be nice. I understand throwing a flag if the hit was around the neck or in the head but the chest? It's getting to the point where in a couple of years, you won't even be able to touch the QB.

Pats totally got screwed at the end there

No they didn't, Gronk was no where near where the ball ended up, and wouldn't have been even without the pushing.

• Like 4

Are we forgetting New England got bailed out on the previous play? The one where Brady threw it out pf bounds and the refs called pass interference. You can't expect the refs to make that call w/ Gronk at the end. It would pretty much have given it to the Pats. Gotta let 'em play.

He was moving away from the ball before the shoving even occurred. It happened towards the back of the endzone, the ball was picked off underneath, in the middle of the end zone. Explain to me how he would have caught a ball that was intercepted in front of him and five feet to the right.

Watching it again, that route is completely undercut by the Panthers DB. Even if Gronk didn't have someone draped on him, he wouldn't have made the catch because he'd have been well behind the defender.