The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

You have to love Ba. He can't play football but he always seems to score. Had to laugh at Schurlle pretty much telling him off for being shit during the first half.

Which is funnier because Shirley had a decidedly poor game yesterday.

If Gerrard recovers from this and keeps his head cool Liverpool are still in with a chance of winning the league, or at the very least coming second on goal difference.

But the big fear, and one that I wouldn't be surprised to see happening, is him reverting to classic "wonder-pass to no-one" Gerrard in a desperate effort to redeem himself for the last game.

Right now Liverpool will be pretty predictable, they need to score as many goals as possible so will naturally be attacking more and with a higher defensive line than usual. You want a compact midfield that doesn't make mistakes if you're trying to rack up a massive score and they'll be playing teams hoping to defend at all costs.

Everyone has pretty much covered all of the points that I was going to make about yesterday's games barring one. I thought Kalas had a cracking game, high pressure scenario to make your debut in and he looked solid throughout.

• Like 1

He should have really scored as well. Was impressive for Chelsea and didn't look fazed or out of place at all.

My bitchyness yesterday was entirely about being pissed off Chelsea didn't fuck up and let Arsenal get a tiny bit of ground back on them btw :shifty:

I am just glad Liverpool messed up to be honest, my housemate is now slightly more bearable, he got back yesterday and for the first time in 3 months didn't just talk Liverpool at me.

• Like 4

My bitchyness yesterday was entirely about being pissed off Chelsea didn't fuck up and let Arsenal get a tiny bit of ground back on them btw :shifty:

Even if we'd lost yesterday, we'd only need 4 points from Norwich and Cardiff - IF Arsenal won all their games - to secure 3rd. So...meh.

On the subject of Kalas, he's been really unlucky that Terry/Cahill have been so good AND injury-free for most of the season thus far. Maybe if Terry is still not back by the Norwich game (or rushes back for the Atletico game, killing himself in the process) he could get another start, but it doesn't seem a massive chance.

What I would like next season is for Luiz to be perma-moved to the midfield ranks and so we can have a centreback pool of Terry (who won't be around forever), Cahill, Kalas, and maybe Zouma if he's not sent off on loan again. Add Ivanovic as the guy who can be moved there in an emergency, and that's not all that bad.

(To be honest there's inevitably going to be a clusterfuck between Kalas, Zouma, Omeruo, Chalobah, and whoever the hell else in the summer to see who's part of the senior squad next season...)

I really do still love Demba Ba, he's got pretty much nothing other than finishing but he's always good for a goal and he's just so loveable apart from that

Chelsea should play Nathan Ake, he's a lefty, has lovely hair and is brilliant on FIFA.

Everyone has pretty much covered all of the points that I was going to make about yesterday's games barring one. I thought Kalas had a cracking game, high pressure scenario to make your debut in and he looked solid throughout.

Aye, reminded me alot of Phil Jones's debut for us actually.