The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

Boo betting against your own team!! Don't blame you though 2014 hasn't been the kindest of years so far for Newcastle. Hopefully something happens over the summer and things change. I like Newcastle cause of my grandad and cousin so hopefully it'll give him something to cheer about considering my grandad also supports Leeds.

I've bet on Newcastle to lose the last four games and tonight I've got a tenner on Arsenal -2.

If you're going to subject me to this shit, I wanna get paid.

• Like 1

It would be the first game of professional football to register no goals, no shots, no tackles and no completed passes.

• Like 2

I think that's 12 out of 18 games now where we haven't scored. Us scoring 3 goals in 90 minutes is a nonsense.

I do like Andre Schurrle.

"We felt it was brilliant, a perfect game. We did exactly what we needed to do and what we were told to do. If people say, ‘Chelsea can’t play’ even when we win it’s just because they’re jealous. Winning is what matters. You can play perfect football, lots of one-touch, and you lose. But there’s no point in playing well and losing. If our plan is to win playing this way, and we win, then it’s perfect.

"I didn’t get the chance to see what [Mourinho] was like in the dressing room. I didn’t see him – but that was because everybody was jumping about and excited. Everybody thinks we can win the league and the Champions League. It will be tough. But we have to believe, and we do."

I am also fondly reminded of the interview he gave before the Arsenal match where he said "Derbies, especially for the fans, are very important, which then makes it important for us to make sure we win it for them! We want them to be able to walk through the city and then when they see a Tottenham or Arsenal supporter they can say, "Oh, we won against you!". :happy:

• Like 1