The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

The bits I heard were about Chelsea parking not one but two buses...and then a bunch of generic stuff about Liverpool wanting to play the 'right way' etc. Nothing major.

Edit: Skimmed through that article for what I'd missed. There is a touch of bitterness when he says "I don't think it's a tactic. Anyone can ask a team to just sit back and defend on the edge of the box," But still, meh.

Mark Schwarzer isn't the bus driver. He's the dog, Spot, of the 10 men out there mowing the meadow.

(I had always assumed that the GK was the dog in the football version of this strange analogy...although maybe I should just let it go and accept that it's a silly song. :shifty:)

Well City's GD will be at least 9 better than Liverpool's if they win their game in hand, so if both teams win the other two, Liverpool would need to claw those goals back against Palace and Newcastle. Two 6-0 wins might still not be enough with City winning as well.

I honestly think Everton will get something against City though.

Also Stoker should read his PM's.

• Like 1

It's definitely a double edged sword for Everton. Winning the game keeps the hopes of Champions League qualification open until the final day and all but guarantees Europa League football next season, but it also effectively hands the title across Stanley Park. The reaction at Goodison Park upon the realisation of that would be strange, to say the least.

Everton will lose twice, as will Arsenal. Who in fact will lose three times.

If you genuinely think Newcastle are going to take anything from Arsenal, then I'm afraid I've got some bad news.

• Like 5