The Barclays Premier League Thread 2013/14

Lineker

A foul isn't violent conduct according to FIFA. To clarify, my 7 fouls are all yellow worthy...

I'm just trying to find out if you can two yellows (and therefore a red) in one passage of play.

Technically you probably could but in practice it's unlikely. It's quite common to see someone try and bring down someone on the break by pulling their shirt and trying to trip them, sometimes it takes a couple of efforts to commit the cynical foul and normally they only get one yellow card even though strictly speaking they would have committed two or more bookable offenses. For the same reason you rarely see someone booked for a foul and then dissent seconds later, see Fabio earlier today had he been in the refs face another time he'd talk himself into the book but as he was booking him for the shove he didn't get the yellow for the reaction.

PFA Team of the Year announced:

Petr Cech

Seamus Coleman - Vincent Kompany - Gary Cahill - Luke Shaw

Adam Lallana - Yaya Toure - Steven Gerrard - Eden Hazard

Luis Suarez - Daniel Sturridge

Little to contest there, for me. Although I suspect Luke Shaw's Englishness has something to do with his pick (as a Chelsea fan I would give the LB slot to Azpilicueta, naturally).

Just seen Flanagan's handball properly for the first time. Seriously, I don't pretend to understand all the different ways in which referees interpret the handball rules every week, but I've seen that kind given a thousand times more than not.

Oooh and Kalas' header, if only. Another of the things I never got to see from the other end of the pitch. >_>