NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread

HeyThereVelvet

I don't watch much basketball...in fact I barely follow it unless the 76ers make the playoffs (lol...), but 69 in the whole game? Wow...

I think Silver and the NBA got this right. I just hope the NBA has the legal right to force out Sterling and that this doesn't get bogged down in court.

Oh it will. It'll get bogged down in court for YEARS. If Sterling dies, his wife will take up the case because she'd stand to inherit the team I'm suppose

Can't believe the Grizz are not just in a position to take out OKC, but at home none the less.

I'm very excited for game 6 between Golden State and LAC. That series has been just as good as any other (despite the off court problems) and I can't wait to see how Golden State does in a do or die game at Oracle.

Also, who would've thought that we'd be in a position to see either the Hawks or Wizards in the Eastern Conference Finals? Atlanta still has to put the final nail in the coffin, but Indiana looks all but done for. They've been sliding for the past month and a half. Personally I would like to see the Wizards/Heat although there's no doubt in my mind Miami will kill them. I do think Washington has a sneaky good team though. Wall, Nene, Beal, and Al Harington are all quality players. Throw in Ariza, Andre Miller, Drew Gooden, and Gortat to fill in the roles and that's not a bad line up. Only problem is Miller, Harrington, Nene, and Gooden are all old as hell. No way Andre Miller sticks around for another year after this.

I am praying for Brooklyn to get their act together. They're the only team I see beating Miami. I doubt Toronto has a shot. Atlanta is probably the second closest to having a chance against LeBron and co, I don't think Indiana have the mental toughness these playoffs to, even if they manage to pull through against the Hawks. I think Wizards' defense would be blastered through and Miami will slaughter them, if it's Miami / Washington.

Man, comparing this year's and last year's playoff trees, and the East just looks completely different. Amazing.

I'm honestly not surprised by the results of the OKC/Grizz series. I was telling my roommate how happy I was that we were able to get OKC in the first round because this is the team we match up on the best. I've been calling us to win this series from the get-go. Tony Allen is able to defend well on KD, OKC lacks depth to make a difference off the bench (Although Jackson's done really well at times), and I was confident Gasol and Randolph would do better than Ibaka and Perkins. I can't see Memphis doing well in the next round, but I'll take this series with joy.