NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread

HeyThereVelvet

I'm thinking Monroe/Stuckey/Charlie V are all good assets to use. I like Monroe but his defense isn't that great, and realistically Drummond and Smith would make for a much more athletic front line than Drummond/Monroe currently does. At the same time, no reason to get rid of Monroe for nothing and keep working this jumbo front line and see where it leads us. Jennings has actually played well for us, his assists are up to about 8 a game, and Drummond is looking like a potential franchise player at only 20 years old. We shall see, but they've got me intrigued, a playoff berth would be nice to get these younger guys some playoff experience, and the East is dreadful, it shouldn't be that hard to get in, even as a fourth seed.

Hey, guys. I need some fantasy NBA help, and hopefully this is the right thread.

It's a Yahoo! league, 14-teams H2H, basic scoring.

Here's my team:

PG - Damien Lillard

SG - Andre Iguodala

G - Greivis Vasquez SF - DeMarre Carroll

SF - Jeff Green

PF - Anthony Davis

F - Channing Frye

C - Enes Kanter

C - Joakim Noah

Util - Robin Lopez

Util - Jordan Hill

Bench Nick Young

Bench Victor Oladipo

Bench Kosta Koufos

Anyway I just accepted a Bradley Beal for Oladipo and Kanter trade.

From 1 to 10, how bad is the trade?

(I'm trying to get it vetoed, btw) :(

Hey, me again. I just proposed a Nick Young/Kosta Koufos for Hinrich/Mo Williams trade.

Please tell me I'm not getting screwed? :(

Edited by michgcs

The Pistons can't keep Monroe. They have Smith under a big contract and he cannot play the 3. Drummond and Smith works, trade Monroe for Thaddeus Young (who can play the 3), unload expirings of Charlie V and Stuckey, and see what luck you have next offseason with the cap space. You can absolutely build around Drummond, Detroit (and by consequence Dumars) won the lottery with him. I wanted him in Washington so, so much.

Greg Monroe is the most intriguing trade asset in the NBA right now, since with Iman Shumert it's just sad at this point.

And that fantasy trade is good. Hinrich is going to touch the ball a ton this year and as a result net you a lot of stats.

If you can keep Monroe, do so. I think he can play a role. However, I defy you to find me a team that would take Villaneuva.

He's on an expiring deal, so basically anybody looking for cap space.

Well apparently there is now a second team dumb enough to take Rudy Gay so i'm done with this trade market :shifty:

• Like 3

I am so happy to see Rudy Gay being traded. With DeRozan playing like Gay, but better, Rudy just became lost. Plus, I got tired of watching him chuck 20 shots a game.

The Raptors needed some more PFs, so getting Patterson and Hayes could help. Really though, the return doesn't matter. Just dumping Gay is a good thing.

And that fantasy trade is good. Hinrich is going to touch the ball a ton this year and as a result net you a lot of stats.

Thanks for the reply, man.

I'll probably be looking to unload Mo Williams (maybe a Mo for Tony Allen trade can work?) as I'm not too keen on having 3 Blazers on my roster.

I am so happy to see Rudy Gay being traded. With DeRozan playing like Gay, but better, Rudy just became lost. Plus, I got tired of watching him chuck 20 shots a game.

The Raptors needed some more PFs, so getting Patterson and Hayes could help. Really though, the return doesn't matter. Just dumping Gay is a good thing.

They're tanking right? So they dump Gay and his salary, get some expirings, maybe Vasquez can find a home there for the long-term. DeRozan and Gay both chuck up a ton of missed shots from 22', but just one of them on the team isn't going to hurt. Just tank, tank, tank, they have the cap room and they can add a franchise player in the draft this year. Toronto's new regime led by Ujiri seems to know what it's doing, better than Bryan Colangelo did at least.

They're tanking right? So they dump Gay and his salary, get some expirings, maybe Vasquez can find a home there for the long-term. DeRozan and Gay both chuck up a ton of missed shots from 22', but just one of them on the team isn't going to hurt. Just tank, tank, tank, they have the cap room and they can add a franchise player in the draft this year. Toronto's new regime led by Ujiri seems to know what it's doing, better than Bryan Colangelo did at least.

This move is Ujiri saying "Ok, let's tank.". I know they wanted to see if they would be competitive now and possibly grab the 6th-8th seed, but Masai had said he wanted to see where they were 1/4 into the season, then go from there.