NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread

HeyThereVelvet

I don't get it, the whole idea is that it's more socially acceptable to wear and thus buy than a singlet. But do people wear sports stuff besides at games or around the house? I'd just as soon wear the singlet as the sleeves (which is to say I'd wear it never).

It's generally accepted that people not in shape don't wear the basketball jerseys unless they have sleeves underneath. This general acceptance is frequently broken though.

The whole gimmick is an attempt to find a new way to make money but I think early reviews are gonna kill it dead.

I find people who wear jerseys when they are not at the game or in their own home watching the game kind of odd. I mean I got a Matt Forte Bears Jersey for Christmas but I certainly wont be wearing it to the grocery store or something

Since you're a woman, I'd say it's fine. Girls and children can pull it off and look good. I think 30+ year old dudes with a beer guts look silly wearing another man's sports jersey, regardless of where they are. I wouldn't wear a jersey at all, and the last time I did wear one was my Favre jersey in middle school. I'll stick to hoodies or t-shirts to rep my team.

Edit: I'll add that baseball jersey's are probably the exception to the rule, as unless it's a 1980's Houston Astro throwback, it's probably not going to look as bad as a football/soccer/basketball jersey. Even then, a guy should probably only wear them at the ballpark.