NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread

HeyThereVelvet

I mean it's a glorified exhibition so I'm fine with fan votes, but there should be a minimum games played or something to actually have your votes count.

Fans should also vote on the Dunk contest participants.

Fans should absolutely vote on the Dunk & Three-Point Contest participants.

Fans should absolutely not vote on the All-Stars. I feel like active coaches/players (or people who have been on a team within the last three years) would be the best way to go with the caveat that active players/coaches can't vote for anyone on their own team.

However, you're right that this is an exhibition through and through. May as well just keep things how they are.

Or how people are so stupid not to vote Aldrigde a starter.

And Lebron starting as the center?

Aldridge was pipped by a guy playing with a much weaker supporting cast that's averaging second in rebounds, high assist rate for a PF and fourth in PPG, has the most double doubles this season and for periods was the only real option on offence (Martin goes cold and Pek started off the season not being fed, even now I'd imagine the majority of his points are once the first set breaks down or off the offensive glass). You put Aldridge on the T'wolves and they wouldn't suddenly have more wins. About the only clear win for Aldridge is defence. Aldridge would get more votes for MVP than Love, but in all honesty I wouldn't say he's a better player than Love (and I don't really like Love).

Unless you mean Griffin, in which case I'd agree, except that it really is an exhibition game and Blake was always going to get voted in.

Yeah I was surprised Davis didn't make it in either! I really wish Goran Dragic made the team as well but I guess that's just cause I'm a Suns fan and he's been huge so far for them this season...

I'm not a fan of the Derozan choice either, like you, I think Lowry would have been a more worthy choice from the Raptors... However I think either of Aaron Afflalo or Lance Stephenson would have been more worthy choices than Derozan too...

I see the West winning this game by a fair margin, just think their roster is better overall and the spots have been filled well...

Have they said whether Kobe is playing or named a replacement or anything yet?

• Like 1