NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread

HeyThereVelvet

Anyone here from/ever go to a Sixers game at Wells Fargo Center? I'm looking to go when they play the Nets in April and I'm wondering how the parking situation is around there?

Although the arena may be completely empty because by that time the Sixers will probably be on a 33 game losing streak. <_<

Interesting off season for Timberwolves coming up. Rubio is saying he wants to be in the playoffs as well. Love looks set to leave, Adelman has got to want out (and needs to go regardless). This could get really ugly with offers of cents on the dollar for Love and Flip Saunders deciding to give coaching another shot. I just can't see how they improve, nobody is going to want Barea, Martin, Budinger, Shved or Mbah. Pek is earning way too much and is way too limited defensively to attract anything worth taking. I have a horrible feeling the team is going to tank and trade players for draft picks. I just hope Rubio gets traded so I can cheer for a different team.

Rubio is really solid. It's not just because I fancy him. His shot is awful (he's surprisingly okay from 3 and is solid at the ft line) but if he was on an athletic team or a team with a decent FG% he'd probably average 15 assists. His defence is weird, he's second in the league in steals but is slow laterally (I think it was the knee injury, he used to play on his toes and move quick) so the opposition point guard often ends up with a nice stat line but overall he's actually a plus defender. Basically if you ignore what the announcers say and actually look at the stats he's an elite point guard that can't shoot but will occasionally cut loose for 20+ points. The only teams that shouldn't want him are teams that plod, or teams that need their PG to carry the burden of scoring.

He'd be perfect for a team like the Thunder or even Chicago, move Westbrook or Rose to the 2, alleviate some of their work load in having to create their own shots, plus on the Thunder he's going to be cheaper than Westbrook so if you can trade for him he gets you closer to a ring next year and can potentially replace Westbrook when you decide not to pay him.

• Like 2

I don't think you can do that on the Thunder, Westbrook really does what he does so well because he's in control of the ball. He'd be like an undersize slashing three if you stuck him out there without the ballhandling responsibility.

• Like 1