The Barclays Premier League Thread 2014/2015

brenchill

We should have torn this lot apart. So frustrating after such a good performance against Newcastle to play so poorly. Fucking crap. Least we didn't ship all the points and five goals this time.

Generally, Liverpool played well. They were much better in the first half. Brad Jones is long past needing to be gotten rid of. Skrtel did mental things because that's what he does. Markovic has continued to show improvements. Sakho had a good game. The last three performances were good ones but everything good is in the middle of the pitch. Coutinho, Sterling and Markovic are still really young. Especially the latter.

In a way it's very like the Kenny Dalglish 2nd season which I think is where that "hitting the post" stuff comes from but at least there's still Daniel Sturridge to come back into that team.

I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool got rid of Borini in January now. It was clear Rodgers didn't want him around anymore and he blew his chance big time there by getting sent off by generally being a bit stupid.

We should have torn this lot apart. So frustrating after such a good performance against Newcastle to play so poorly. Fucking crap. Least we didn't ship all the points and five goals this time.

Funny that, was just thinking the same. You were shite.

Shots.

Liverpool 27, Arsenal 5.

On Target.

Liverpool 10, Arsenal 2.

As BBC said, it's the most shots a team have had against Arsenal since OPTA started keeping track in '03.

...and Arsenal's 36% possession is their lowest since '03 records began too.

Funny that, was just thinking the same. You were shite.

We both were utter garbage. But before the game I would have expected a much better performance. As I said.

Shots.

Liverpool 27, Arsenal 5.

On Target.

Liverpool 10, Arsenal 2.

As BBC said, it's the most shots a team have had against Arsenal since OPTA started keeping track in '03.

...and Arsenal's 36% possession is their lowest since '03 records began too.

I can only presume that these shots include every time Sterling runs into a dead end on one of the flanks and kicks the ball as hard as he can "sort of in the direction of the goal maybe" (but actually it hits the defender's legs so no one can tell).

• Like 1

Yeah. If Liverpool hadn't played a keeper in goals Arsenal would have easily won.

It was Brad Jones, they barely were.

Really, he's just some Australian bloke that hangs around Melwood.

Taylor smashing the post looks worse and worse on replay. Standard classy mackems chanting their 'party when Steven Taylor dies' song while he was motionless on the floor with players and physios sprinting across. Barely even human.