NBA 2014/15 Season Thread

Plubby

After getting blown out, the Mavs luckily bounced back by blowing out the Jazz (again). Not as ridiculous in the first half like in the other games, but the wheels didn't come off in the 3rd and 4th, so they ran away against an average Jazz side.

Now hopefully they will continue to do the same in the future games, and we can forget about the whole 3rd quarter row very quickly.

The more I see Brandan Wright play, the more I'm starting to like what he brings to the game. His field goal percentage is simply ridiculous, and he just gets himself into good positions for easy points. He's just complete effort and grit, and a low maintenance backup behind Tyson Chandler. He doesn't set the world ablaze, but he's just smart and hard working.

Other games. Thank god Rubio only has a sprain, because the way his ankle bent was absolutely nauseating to see. And as far as the Cavs go, it's hilarious how people were up in arms and panicking about a team that has LeBron, Kyrie, and Kevin Love. As has been said, they need to gel and these guys will start wrecking shit soon enough.

Rubio looks like he's out 7-8 with his. I'm actually amazed he didn't break anything. It's going to be a very long two months with Mo Williams running the point and LaVine backing him up. I expect us to be especially shit. I'm kind of hoping Flip goes into tank mode for this stretch and rests Pek and gives ample time to the young guys to get them some experience.

The whole "he's the guy who is winning MVP after LeBron and KD finish trading it" thing is turning into "he's totally trading it with LeBron and KD" pretty fast. He's a monster and if the Pels make the playoffs with him putting up these numbers you have to think he has a great shot at MVP.

• Like 1

Sixers lost by 53 last night.

#lotteryreform

Just watched the game without knowing the box score (or winner), and boy that was an absolute snoozer in the 2nd half. Sixers made sucking into an artform last night, and on the other end it's amazing to see the Mavericks just completely run away with it even when the starters were getting the celebratory drinks on the sideline.

Also, this game was a new Mavs win-margin record. 50 was their previous in 2010, and now they got 53 against a team that would be better off playing in the NCAA.

Dirk had 21 points in just over 20 minutes too, which just goes to show you how utterly abysmal the Sixers were. Brandan Wright outscored all of the Philly starters, heck even Charlie V outscored four of them in less than 8 minutes.

Anyways, it's good to see the Mavericks just completely trounce a team after struggling with leads (and that amazing comeback against the Kings) in the past two weeks. Hopefully this will light the team up completely and get closer to the top of the conference.

Edited by Jasonmufc