NBA 2014/15 Season Thread

Plubby

If D-Will ends up joining the Mavs, I hope that this motivates him to return to form for his hometown team. And the way he's coming in, he can become either the next Fisher/Rondo for the Mavs, or refind his mojo and turn into a hometown hero instead... I really hope the latter happens, but after Rondo last season I'm not getting my hopes up.

I have nothing against Zaza, but knowing that the Mavs lost Tyson Chandler in the whole DeAndre flip-flop bullshit, I am just extremely bitter about it all. If DeAndre had manned up earlier, Cuban could've given Tyson a good deal to stay in Dallas... Instead of that we neither got DJ or Chandler, and the team had to resort trading for Zaza instead.

Basically the team had to pay double to get someone that's not even half the value...

If D-Will ends up joining the Mavs, I hope that this motivates him to return to form for his hometown team. And the way he's coming in, he can become either the next Fisher/Rondo for the Mavs, or refind his mojo and turn into a hometown hero instead... I really hope the latter happens, but after Rondo last season I'm not getting my hopes up.

I have nothing against Zaza, but knowing that the Mavs lost Tyson Chandler in the whole DeAndre flip-flop bullshit, I am just extremely bitter about it all. If DeAndre had manned up earlier, Cuban could've given Tyson a good deal to stay in Dallas... Instead of that we neither got DJ or Chandler, and the team had to resort trading for Zaza instead.

Basically the team had to pay double to get someone that's not even half the value...

Edited by Lenny DYSItra

Joel Embiid is likely to miss the 2015-2016 season after undergoing foot surgery.

Are they paying him? What a waste

They're paying him and it's counting towards the days that he can become a free agent. Kinda sucks for them, eh?

And don't even get me started on men's netball.

Your British insecurity is showing. :shifty: 

• Like 1

Joel Embiid is likely to miss the 2015-2016 season after undergoing foot surgery.

Are they paying him? What a waste

They're paying him and it's counting towards the days that he can become a free agent. Kinda sucks for them, eh?

And don't even get me started on men's netball.

Your British insecurity is showing. :shifty: 

Listen mate, let us not have a falling out. It is just that all of your sports are crap versions of our sports.

Lets kiss and make up, fancy chucking some arrows down the nuclear? I think darts is called gun crime in the USA >_>

Deron Williams' waivers will end today, and it still looks like he's Maverick-bound... yay?

In other news, JaVale McGee is being touted to also be signed to the Mavericks to provide another presence next to ZaZa, the Mavs are really going hard for all the dissapointing centers right now... But you know what, i'm kinda psyched for McGee because with the way Mavs push the ball he could easily slot into a hoop&board kind of player like Brandan Wright was in the past for the Mavs.

McGee has had lots of issues in the past, but you can argue that the Nuggets and 76ers weren't going to make anyone get out of their slump, so maybe being in Dallas might help him out. Carlisle has a mind for what players are good at and how to best utilize athletic bigs, perhaps he might refind his mojo as a hustling bigman who cuts and slams on offense.

• 1 month later...

Part of me feels he's innocent until proven guilty, but you can't ignore the gravity of the crime when he in fact drugged and raped his ex-girlfriend.

A shockingly terrible off-season for American Sports in general, and I don't know what's wrong with Chicago that turns superstar athletes into rapists... First Kane and now D-Rose, man shit can't get worse.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In addition to changing how playoff seeding is determined (yay!) the league has now also changed the schedule for the finals.   If a Finals series goes 7 games, it will take 18 days to from Game 1 to Game 7.  18 fucking days.  Including a ridiculous 3 days between Game 1 and Game 2, games that are played in the same city.  Here I thought the NBA was looking to shorten its season.