NBA 2014/15 Season Thread

Plubby

Bulls/Pistons?!  That's like a bartender offering you Jäger or Hot Damn. Even if you get up to trying it, you won't make it past the first round.

Hey how many titles does Atlanta have? HAH

Pistons/Celtics in the 80s, fucking hated each other. Pistons/Pacers in the 00's, remember the Palace Brawl?

Actually, a lot of teams were the Pistons rivals in the 80s because we were hated. The Celtics definitely, but the Bulls like Srar said, and the Lakers. For some reason the NBA doesn't retain those rivalries beyond how relevant a team is where as the Yankees/Red Sox, Bears/Packers, or U of M/Ohio State are always considered major rivalries even if one or both teams are shit.

That's pretty much what I'm saying. In the NBA, outside of LA/Boston, which was forged over 30 years of Finals series, rivalries seem to come and go based on playoff series. In pretty much every other sport, the rivalries stay, like you said, even if both teams are shit, but in the NBA it only matters if you play multiple times in the playoffs. It's weird.

Do other teams really dislike LA / Boston that much? I feel like it's just a case of they being the most successful, so fans of the less successful teams will find some reason or other to hate them. I find that's similar in the NFL and the MLB as well. They may not have huge rivals, but that's also due to their recent drop in quality as well.

Oh and also, KG is back with the Wolves, and is probably going to retire there.

Edited by Quom
  • Like 2

If Jordan goes back to LA, that's just an embarrassing look for both the team and him. They'll have fucked Dallas over massively, and Jordan looks like a flaky moron. They deserve an eternity of second round exits. 

Clippers have apparently convinced DJ to re-sign and are staying with him at his house until midnight when he can sign to keep the Mavs from getting an audience. What a scumbag move.

• Like 2

I mean DeAndre probably wants them there so he doesn't have to look Cuban in the eye and tell him he fucked him. It's like a fucking movie.

The NBA hopefully look at ending that moratorium period in the future. It's just such an absurd situation. Clippers just achieved full heel status, not that they were beloved before or anything, and I hope DeAndre signs a long deal because I'm not sure how many will want to business with a guy whose word means shit. Like I said, they deserve 2nd round exit purgatory. 

• Like 1

No idea if Dallas would have wanted Chandler, but Jordan pulling this shit really screwed them if they had Chandler set up as their back-up plan. Horseshit, bullshit move by Jordan and by the Clippers. Like Quom said, something needs to change.

They reportedly had a deal for Hibbert lined up that fell through once they thought they had DJ. Couple that with losing Chandler, and yeah DJ pretty much screwed them out of a big man.

Someone tell Max to go to DJ's house. He's Dallas' only hope at this point.

Edited by HeadChuck McGill

It's worse than that, DJ is refusing to take Parsons (fair enough) or Cuban's (shitty) phone calls to at least tell them. Likewise he won't let his own agent into the house.

If it was DJ that called Doc then I don't really blame the Clippers, but I do think Doc should have gone into damage control and told DJ to at least call Cuban and let him know then hang up if need be.

It's also likely going to bite the players on the arse since the NBPA President is playing a role in all this and it is going to be a huge thing during the next CBA.

No idea if Dallas would have wanted Chandler, but Jordan pulling this shit really screwed them if they had Chandler set up as their back-up plan. Horseshit, bullshit move by Jordan and by the Clippers. Like Quom said, something needs to change.

They reportedly had a deal for Hibbert lined up that fell through once they thought they had DJ. Couple that with losing Chandler, and yeah DJ pretty much screwed them out of a big man.

Someone tell Max to go to DJ's house. He's Dallas' only hope at this point.

• Like 2

It's worse than that, DJ is refusing to take Parsons (fair enough) or Cuban's (shitty) phone calls to at least tell them. Likewise he won't let his own agent into the house.

If it was DJ that called Doc then I don't really blame the Clippers, but I do think Doc should have gone into damage control and told DJ to at least call Cuban and let him know then hang up if need be.

It's also likely going to bite the players on the arse since the NBPA President is playing a role in all this and it is going to be a huge thing during the next CBA.

Yeah, going back on his word is bad enough, but DJ and the Clippers are handling this in the worst, most immature way possible. He's making the Dwight Howard and LeBron free agency sagas look classy in comparison.

Edited by HeadChuck McGill

Seriously, if you want to sign with LA, fly out there, then call Dallas and say you changed your mind.   Like a man.  

Mavs offseason be like: https://vid.me/YBhl

Edited by Maxx