NBA 2014/15 Season Thread

Plubby

Slim pickings for the Pistons. Our targets in Green, Green, and Carroll signed else where.

Better to not spend for the sake of spending though. None of the SF FAs were all that enticing as it is, but we do need to bring somebody in. Gerald Green might be the next best idea, or they could turn their focus to getting a back up big man.

Guys, rocksta came back and he's lost his mind.

How is this!

Nerlens Noel had a historical defensive season. Rim protection = key. There's one piece. Let's say one of Okafor or Embiid pans out, bam front court.

The celtics offered the Bobcats 4 1st round picks to get the 9 pick this year. It wasn't enough. It's possible for us to win 30 games next year and come away with the (however unlikely) 1,4, 11, 16 picks while still having room for two max contracts.

Assets and flexibility is the name of the game. Rockets showed success with that model and Hinkie is from the same block. Warriors and Thunder built through the draft not free agency.

Hinke will realize people are going to start expecting something and then trade everything away and start the rebuild over again.

I'm not saying building through the draft isn't a good idea. But its insane to compare this to the Thunder and the Warriors whose "build through the draft" plan involved landing some of the best players in the league. Maybe that's coming next year for the Sixers, who knows?

Greg Monroe has chosen the Bucks over the Lakers. They couldn't even get their plan C. :lol:

Hopefully this puts an end to their fans acting like they're entitled to every top free agent purely because they're the Lakers.

Edited by HeadChuck McGill

Nah, DMN is a good fan. I'm talking about the ones who said their roster in 2 years would be:

PG - Westbrook (or Rondo before he started to suck)

SG - Kobe

SF - Durant

PF -Love

C - Gasol

Edited by HeadChuck McGill

So I'm trying to settle on a team to route for next year. Because routing for a team helps me get more into a sport.

My question is are the Raptors a good team to follow? I had a cap of theirs years back not long after the expansion and I'm drawn towards them. That said I can't be dealing with routing for a team with no class. Are the Raptors a good franchise in that sense?

And if not, who is?

Pistons signed a back up center from San Antonio, not a bad signing but maybe overpaid.

They did make a nice trade to get Marcus Morris for a 2020 2nd pick. The Suns also tossed in a guy named Reggie Bullock and the ghost of Danny Granger. Still have some money left over and Morris solves our starting 3 problem.

Suns trying to clear as much cap space as possible for Aldridge now after signing Tyson Chandler yesterday...

As a Suns fan I like it that we have a chance and we haven't exactly traded all that much away but I can't help but feel like the Suns are going to be extremely disappointed when Aldridge signs with the Spurs...

Also, surely Markieff is pissed now after both Morris' took a discount to remain in Phoenix together and now one is gone and the other likely to be traded too...

I'm also hoping this leads to a PJ Tucker trade somewhere too, for some reason I've just never liked the guy and don't feel he is worth the money we are paying him...

So I'm trying to settle on a team to route for next year. Because routing for a team helps me get more into a sport.

My question is are the Raptors a good team to follow? I had a cap of theirs years back not long after the expansion and I'm drawn towards them. That said I can't be dealing with routing for a team with no class. Are the Raptors a good franchise in that sense?

And if not, who is?

Support the Spurs. They're the only nice team in the league.

Also, I know this is mean, but I hope we sign Duncan on like a 6mil deal to keep him here. I just don't want him to play for another team :( 

And if not, who is?

Support the Spurs. They're the only nice team in the league.

Also, I know this is mean, but I hope we sign Duncan on like a 6mil deal to keep him here. I just don't want him to play for another team :( 

• Like 1