NBA 2014/15 Season Thread

Plubby

Yeah, Charlotte fans apparently look at it as the team being in win now mode. But I'm not entirely sure that's a mode the Hornets can even enter in to in their current state. And even if they miraculously did, its not like they're going to the Eastern Conference Finals, much less the Finals. Should have stockpiled assets and made this kind of push in a few seasons.

Yeah, Charlotte fans apparently look at it as the team being in win now mode. But I'm not entirely sure that's a mode the Hornets can even enter in to in their current state. And even if they miraculously did, its not like they're going to the Eastern Conference Finals, much less the Finals. Should have stockpiled assets and made this kind of push in a few seasons.

The big mistake was not giving guys that had good seasons in 13/14 like McRoberts and CDR better deals to keep them instead of trying to go for Hayward. I get it, he would be the perfect 3rd guy for the team but It seemed smarter to keep the core that got us in the playoffs and build from the draft, so at some point the team could start spending on the FA market or doing these ''big name'' trades.

Charlotte's "win now" mode simply means getting back to the playoffs, apparently.

The team's going all in this season, and then rebuilds the next one with guys like Batum and Al Jefferson expiring their contracts and a decent young core in Zeller/This year's draft/Biyombo//MKG/Kemba.