NBA 2014/15 Season Thread

Plubby

Orlando is trying to lure away Paul Millsap with a max bid. Losing him would absolutely stink. LaMarcus Aldridge is not walking through the Hawks' front door.

Edit: Oh, goddamnit. DeMarre Carroll to Toronto. 'Cause they weren't enough of a pain in my arse last year.

Also, Tiago Splitter likely to Atlanta so the Spurs can offer a max deal to Aldridge. We have replaced one foreign big man with another foreign big man. Would likely mean Daye getting cut, partially because I really don't want to lose Muscala, too. Splitter also gives us a bit of insurance if Millsap bolts (though it also would allow us alongside a Daye cut to offer him max money.)

Starting five looks like Splitter/Horford/Sefalosha/Korver/Teague with Schroeder or Scott as the sixth man.

DeMarre Carroll to Toronto is huge for the Raptors and a real big hole to fill for Atlanta. If Atlanta didn't have Carroll they would've never gotten past my Nets in the first round. :( Let alone make it to face Cleveland.

Not sure how the Raptors contracts are sorted out but DeRozan/Carroll/Ross is a nice 2/3 and bench option with Lowery and Vazquez at PG and however you pronounce their foreign Centers name. I see them winning the weak Atlantic Division for sure.

Kevin Love back to the Cavs for 5 years, 110 million

Tristan Thompson back to the Cavs for 4 years, 80 million

Cavs about to set a record for biggest NBA payroll this season after they use Haywood's contract to get another piece in and re-sign Shumpert/Dellavedova/Smith/LeBron.

Surprised Love took a deal that long, figured he'd go with a two year, option deal and then cash in next season.

Oh, I want to gauge interest in a different kind of fantasy basketball league for next season, a salary cap league.

Bill Simmons posted about it a few years back and my friends ran one, and it was the most fun fantasy league I've ever been a part of. We use the real NBA salary cap and player salaries, so much like the real NBA, you can't stack your team with a bunch of stars and have to use some strategy and sound budgeting. For someone who spends way too much time team building in franchise modes of sports games, this league was like crack for me. Kobe did indeed spend most of the season on the free agent wire.

Its definitely a league that requires a bit more of a commitment, I'm hoping to find at least 7 people that would be interested.

Id be up for this. I like his kind of crack.

Yeah but Curry didn't get a max deal because they were worried about his ankles so a lot of contracts exceed his. Middleton's good and only getting better and with the cap almost doubling over the next few years, it makes a lot of sense.

Orlando is trying to lure away Paul Millsap with a max bid. Losing him would absolutely stink. LaMarcus Aldridge is not walking through the Hawks' front door.

Edit: Oh, goddamnit. DeMarre Carroll to Toronto. 'Cause they weren't enough of a pain in my arse last year.

Also, Tiago Splitter likely to Atlanta so the Spurs can offer a max deal to Aldridge. We have replaced one foreign big man with another foreign big man. Would likely mean Daye getting cut, partially because I really don't want to lose Muscala, too. Splitter also gives us a bit of insurance if Millsap bolts (though it also would allow us alongside a Daye cut to offer him max money.)

Starting five looks like Splitter/Horford/Sefalosha/Korver/Teague with Schroeder or Scott as the sixth man.

Fear not Midget, Millsap is staying. 3 years (2 + 1 player option) $59M

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/616374555964276736

The Kings just traded some contracts and 2014 1st rounder Nik Stauskas, along with maybe another pick (not finalized yet) to Philly to clear cap space. The best part is their two main targets...

Rajon Rondo and Monta Ellis.

Putting together a Rondo/Ellis/Gay/Cousins team is entertaining as hell for all the wrong reasons.

Sauce Castillo.

Being a Sixers fan is about to be great. I wanted Russell so bad but I'm so happy with the way things are working out with the Sixers. Tonight they absolutely fleeced the Kings. Yah management induced tanking is borderline unethical but it has put us in a great position to grow.

The money getting spend now is absurd. They have so much flexibility in the future and the two contracts are about 10m total per year. Plus more picks. To top it off, Brown is a phenomenal developmental coach. Sawsssse. It isn't the time to buy big with mid market free agents (Carroll 4/60) Noel and Okafor is a core to build off of. Embed is the biggest enigma in basketball right now. Saucy Castillo. Mi Gusta.

• Like 1