NBA 2014/15 Season Thread

Plubby

Rooting for that Ivan Drago clone to become a star just so Knicks fans (Stephen A Smith especially) have to eat crow. They must truly be miserable to bring so much melodrama. :lol:

Rooting for that Ivan Drago clone to become a star just so Knicks fans (Stephen A Smith especially) have to eat crow. They must truly be miserable to bring so much melodrama. :lol:

The scouts who have been raving about him are the ones most consider the best of the best, so he has that going for him. Knicks aren't competing next year, the year after, the year after, or probably the year after that. So starting a rebuild with a long-term investment is a good way to go. Ceiling is high, and if he doesn't work out there are multiple drafts and free agency periods to fill that hole.

Does anyone know Cameron Payne here?

Payne put up solid numbers in college. 20 points, 6 assists, almost 4 rebounds a game. He played at a smaller school but he's a really well-rounded player and for awhile there was thought he could have gone higher. If he's good he provides a security blanket should Westbrook leave.

Kaminsky's good. He reminds me a lot of Pau Gasol, actually. For all the talk about his lack of strength, he sure seems to make it look unimportant.

I also have doubts that Vonleh will be able to put it all together.

EDIT: I'm not sure Kaminsky was worth passing up on this offer though.

http://deadspin.com/report-the-hornets-passed-up-a-huge-haul-to-draft-fran-1714203931?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Edited by livid

I'm sure a lot of teams want that.

Teams are just burning money right now. I mean, I guess when the cap explodes next year some of these deals will look better in comparison, but right now, holy shit...Kris Middleton got $14 million a year. LeBron made $20 mil last year.

Really hoping the Mavs can actually land someone this year, would love to see them land DeAndre Jordan.

Oh, I want to gauge interest in a different kind of fantasy basketball league for next season, a salary cap league.

Bill Simmons posted about it a few years back and my friends ran one, and it was the most fun fantasy league I've ever been a part of. We use the real NBA salary cap and player salaries, so much like the real NBA, you can't stack your team with a bunch of stars and have to use some strategy and sound budgeting. For someone who spends way too much time team building in franchise modes of sports games, this league was like crack for me. Kobe did indeed spend most of the season on the free agent wire.

Its definitely a league that requires a bit more of a commitment, I'm hoping to find at least 7 people that would be interested.

• Like 1