NBA 2014/15 Season Thread

Plubby

With the amount of cap the Lakers will have next season...I'd suggest the Lakers, but who knows. I do have little faith in the Knicks organization even with the weak East.

Even those the West is a slaughterhouse, I still have to say the Lakers.  Knicks are an absolute mess, Kyle O'Quinn was a decent pick up, but other than that, they've added Derrick Williams as their big free agent signing.  Trash fire forever.

The Matrix has retired! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C418UoRXhIA 

These are his top 10 plays NBA.Com posted!

The Spurs have signed David West! They are all in for Duncan's last season!

Edited by Lars Elric
Don;t want to triple post!

David West opted out of his Pacers contract that would have paid him $12 million next year to sign for $1 million with the Spurs.  Ridiculous.

So I'm trying to settle on a team to route for next year. Because routing for a team helps me get more into a sport.

My question is are the Raptors a good team to follow? I had a cap of theirs years back not long after the expansion and I'm drawn towards them. That said I can't be dealing with routing for a team with no class. Are the Raptors a good franchise in that sense?

And if not, who is?

Support the Spurs. They're the only nice team in the league.

Also, I know this is mean, but I hope we sign Duncan on like a 6mil deal to keep him here. I just don't want him to play for another team :( 

David West is far too old to make $12 million a year, he went to SA to be part of the team that as of today is the odds on favorite to win it all.  Good lord that bench is lethal.

Still curious to see what the Cavs do to bring on depth, Joe Johnson is a good pick up for them should that go through.

Wizards just sitting by and biding time to go all-in next offseason with Durant it would seem.  At least I'll tell myself that.

Also, the Bucks team president is threatening to move if they can't get the taxpayers to give them an arena.

Also Marc Gasol has accepted a 5 year 100 million deal to stay with Memphis, which was probably a given after Dallas got Jordan and San Antonio got LaMarcus Aldridge.

Ginobili is also returning to the Spurs for another year, which only makes them more lethal.

There's also rumours of Dallas trading for cap space so that they can sign Jeremy Lin to a deal to get him back with his guy-love Chandler Parsons. And I think Lin would find the system in Dallas to be much better for him compared to what he had to do in Laker-land. Being able to lob passes to Jordan all day will probably prove to be a scary prospect.

Dallas is making big moves this off-season, and I really hope the gambles pay off for a change. Losing Ellis feels like a mistake, so I hope that Wes Matthews can get in and make me wrong.

Also Marc Gasol has accepted a 5 year 100 million deal to stay with Memphis, which was probably a given after Dallas got Jordan and San Antonio got LaMarcus Aldridge.

Ginobili is also returning to the Spurs for another year, which only makes them more lethal.

There's also rumours of Dallas trading for cap space so that they can sign Jeremy Lin to a deal to get him back with his guy-love Chandler Parsons. And I think Lin would find the system in Dallas to be much better for him compared to what he had to do in Laker-land. Being able to lob passes to Jordan all day will probably prove to be a scary prospect.

Dallas is making big moves this off-season, and I really hope the gambles pay off for a change. Losing Ellis feels like a mistake, so I hope that Wes Matthews can get in and make me wrong.

Edited by Maxx
  • Like 1

This is the first time I've ever been in this thread and I know next to nothing about basketball but I want to buy a basketball jersey.  I know about the Chicago Bulls because of Michael Jordan and stuff but I don't know if they are a cool team in 2015.

Which is the best jersey to get? <_<