NBA 2014/15 Season Thread

Plubby

I'm a Lakers fan and still pissed that CP3 is not wearing the purple and gold thanks to David Stern, so I already hate the Clippers. But the DeAndre Jordan thing just makes them look worse. Its too bad that there's not some sort of retaliation that can be done, such as them losing a draft pick to the Mavs or Jordan not being allowed to play for a season when the Clippers and Mavs play each other. 

There needs to be some sort of rules change to prevent this type of thing from happening. Because as it stands, what is there to stop a player or team from intentionally doing this to another team to screw them over? (And no, I don't think Jordan or the Clippers did this to mess around with the Mavs on purpose. Though its possible Jordan did it to get a better contract with the Clippers, and if that's the case, I hope that karma takes a huge bite out of his ass.)

You are fucking obsessed with the idea of players being held out of specific games against specific teams.  Let it go, never happening.

Clippahs, when you go one-on-one with Da Undertakah Mavericks tonight, DeAndre Jordan will be banned from ringside courtside! Holla holla holla playas

I'm a Lakers fan and still pissed that CP3 is not wearing the purple and gold thanks to David Stern, so I already hate the Clippers. But the DeAndre Jordan thing just makes them look worse. Its too bad that there's not some sort of retaliation that can be done, such as them losing a draft pick to the Mavs or Jordan not being allowed to play for a season when the Clippers and Mavs play each other. 

There needs to be some sort of rules change to prevent this type of thing from happening. Because as it stands, what is there to stop a player or team from intentionally doing this to another team to screw them over? (And no, I don't think Jordan or the Clippers did this to mess around with the Mavs on purpose. Though its possible Jordan did it to get a better contract with the Clippers, and if that's the case, I hope that karma takes a huge bite out of his ass.)

• Like 1

Mostly I'm mad at a lot of the takes from yesterday being incredibly kind to Jordan and the Clippers, as if they aren't all a bunch of scumbags.  ESPN and Grantland were pretty much sucking him off, which sets a pretty shitty precedent.  

Apparently Deron Williams wants a buyout from the Nets so he can sign with the Mavs.  If that happens, then our offseason can be mocked by anyone.

Edited by Maxx

It's pretty high up, they'll need DeAndre to stand on a ladder to hoist it that h...oh.

Its funny because we have no other tall players?  Like a Knicks fan should be making fun of any team's offseason.

Hey hey hey. Let's knock Plubby. You don't have to hurt all our feelings.

Mavs getting Deron and Zaza instead of DJ is basically your parents on christmas morning saying that they got something better than a nintendo, because the thing they got you has 1000 games on it!

And we all know that the 1000 game thing is a piece of shit.

• Like 2

Getting Zaza instead of DeAndre was like your parents saying they got you a Nintendo, but it turns out to be a large eastern European man named Nintendo.

• Like 7

I'm too lazy to learn how to add tweets so here's the link about Deron Williams being restrained during a meeting with Lionel Hollins during the ASB. I liked him at first when I thought we were getting someone special, a franchise player, but now he's just a shell of himself ever since we tried to build a team around him. I get the fact that he's had a couple injuries but he lacks the toughness and leadership ability to be the guy. He doesn't have a consistent jumper - or confidence to take one - and he doesn't drive to the basket. What the hell else is he good for? He drives to the paint to pass in the PnR but once a half decent team wises up and double teams Brook then his whole game is shut down. I'm not one for a buyout, I'd rather him be tortured at the end of the bench after torturing me and the thirteen other Nets fans that thought they had something special when we traded for him.

I get the feeling the Nets have been a dumpster fire for a few years. Paul Pierce said the team was lazy and disorganised. A large portion of that would be on Williams, but at the same time he'd be far from the first person to coast rather than work hard given the opportunity.

I personally don't like him, he looks weird. But given the options out there I think it's a solid move, I also don't hate Zaza. He played well for the Bucks and held his own against Chicago, he's dirty and gritty and cheap and mean. I can see him being hired mainly to fuck up DeAndre when they play.