NBA 2014/15 Season Thread

Plubby

Some reports are that Jordan's people basically pushed him into the Dallas situation, others are that he wanted to get away from Chris Paul, but apparently it all started when he called Rivers to say he was having second-thoughts.

And, yeah, in the age of the internet we don't need the moratorium.

http://deadspin.com/a-sure-why-not-theory-explains-why-the-mavs-might-lose-1716605439

As good a theory as any

Signing without his agent too, I hope that contract contains horrible provisions and he's too stupid to read it.

Signing without his agent too, I hope that contract contains horrible provisions and he's too stupid to read it.

I bet he doesn't even have a rematch clause if he loses the World Heavyweight Championship!

On a serious note, he does appear to have boxed out his agent who was close to Cuban. DJ has certainly proven he's not the brightest bulb with the way he's handled this. Signing a deal without properly vetting it would be beyond idiotic, but it wouldn't surprise me with him.

I bet he doesn't even have a rematch clause if he loses the World Heavyweight Championship!

On a serious note, he does appear to have boxed out his agent who was close to Cuban. DJ has certainly proven he's not the brightest bulb with the way he's handled this. Signing a deal without properly vetting it would be beyond idiotic, but it wouldn't surprise me with him.

Maybe this is a contract that was offered before and he did have his agent take a look at it?

His agent may not be there but that doesn't mean there isn't anybody from his "team" there. Hell, if he really felt like his agent pushed him into the Mavs deal over the weekend then that gives him a couple of days to get a new one anyways. 

He'll have to, no way Fagen keeps him. Fagen isn't going to want a client who does shit like this.

Why the fuck he took 3 years is beyond me. I'd have wanted a 5 year max with a handshake deal I could get paid for life. I can't see teams being in a rush to sign him now.

We've learned a lot about DeAndre Jordan this offseason.  He's a moron, a coward and a liar.  Anything he does that falls into those three categories with him will no longer surprise me.

• Like 8

Well the Mavs properly got fucked in the ass thanks to DeAndre flip-flopping at the very last moment.

He ''signed'' on the fourth, and as a result Mavs couldn't go into the market for anyone else in the past five days as guys like Tyson Chandler signed with the Suns instead. Then on the last day DJ goes ''I changed my mind... Sorry?" and returns to the Clippers, giving the Mavs nobody of his stature to go after in free agency. The only decent center left is Enes Kanter, who has shown that he is only interested in playing for contenders when he whined himself to the Thunder last season.

Basically Mavs got fucked hard by DJ, and it's going to be interesting how Cuban will deal to get some sort of front court together before the next season.

• Like 1

I'm also really terrified that Wes Matthews won't ever get back to form after the Achilles injury.  Good on him for honoring his commitment and still coming, but he'd have been stupid to walk away given the uncertainty surrounding his injury.

Next season is a wash if they don't tank hard because they'll lose their draft pick.  They'll be players in free agency again next offseason, as they'll be flush with cash once more, but they really need to shift their focus away from marquee guys who seem to have no interest in signing in Dallas (by the way, what the fuck? DFW is awesome) and build a good core of young talent.  Of course they'll probably go all in on Durant, wiff and then give someone like DeMar DeRozen $100 million :(

I imagine we'll be first in line to grab whichever young big man the Sixers are going to part with.