NBA 2014/15 Season Thread

Plubby

I'm feeling the same way as Quom, except about the Pistons. We just lost in overtime to the Sixers.

I way overrated our roster before the season started, the truth is, our roster is terrible. I still think SVG is the man to right the ship, but the roster as it stands now is horrific. Outside of Andre Drummond, there really isn't anything decent to build with. I guess Greg Monroe, but he's overrated, no way would I break the bank for a decent big man that can play any defense. Josh Smith continues to slum it on the court, and is incredibly inefficient on the offensive side. Brandon Jennings has played alright thus far, but we are bad at PG, DJ Augustin just hasn't been the trick as a backup. The rest of the roster is a bunch of decent rotation guys at best, but nothing that really stands out. Even Kentavious Caldwell Pope, that some fans hoped would step up his production this year has been pretty bad, he's wildly inconsistent with his shooting. Jodie Meeks may have helped had he not been hurt, but he probably wouldn't have helped that much. This a very bad team.

Oh well, hope for a decent trade or two, and a good draft pick. We have money to spend but not sure how many good free agents are clamoring to sign with Detroit.

Edited by VerbalPuke

Flip Saunders does my fucking head in. Somehow he manages to get the trade of the century by turning Love who was leaving at the end of the year no matter what into the number 1 picks from the last two drafts, but then keeps playing Budinger to 'increase his trade value' when all that Budinger does is make it extremely clear that the knee injuries have totally fucked up his game to the point that he's worthless.

I'd be convinced that we were tanking except why did we pick up Jeff Adrien on the injury exception thing and spend money if that's the case? Plus surely if you're tanking you still want to play the young guys as many minutes as possible for experience.

I'm just totally confused at this point what's going on with our team.

Flip Saunders does my fucking head in. Somehow he manages to get the trade of the century by turning Love who was leaving at the end of the year no matter what into the number 1 picks from the last two drafts, but then keeps playing Budinger to 'increase his trade value' when all that Budinger does is make it extremely clear that the knee injuries have totally fucked up his game to the point that he's worthless.

I'd be convinced that we were tanking except why did we pick up Jeff Adrien on the injury exception thing and spend money if that's the case? Plus surely if you're tanking you still want to play the young guys as many minutes as possible for experience.

I'm just totally confused at this point what's going on with our team.

It's a classic example of a guy having too much power. Flip Saunders the coach and Flip Saunders the GM are clashing. The best thing to do is what you said and play the young guys and as a GM he's done good to put that talent together but as a coach he wants to win now so he plays the guys he thinks can do that. It's a really bad situation to give a guy like that so much power.

But Shabazz is giving his minutes to Budinger which makes absolutely no sense since Bazz is outplaying Bud and is younger. It's like he can't decide quarter to quarter if he's tanking or wants to win.

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/11904296/new-york-knicks-forward-carmelo-anthony-wants-bulletproof-reputation

That article is a parody of the self-centered NBA Superstar article. What a joke, Melo comes out of it looking so bad.

Because Melo is a selfish, greedy, entitled diva who will never bring a championship to the Knicks?

I mean, I'm pretty sure he'll never bring a championship to the Knicks but he doesn't really strike as anything like any of the other things. You know he's the one wearing #7, right? With "Anthony" on the back? That other one who is those things you mentioned wears #8 and is JR Smith.