NBA 2014/15 Season Thread

Plubby

From what I am reading, any team interested in Smith also wanted a 1st round pick. After the Ben Gordon fiasco, Stan didnt bite.

It wont make us a better team short term, but it was necessary moving forward. He is a very inefficient offensive player and just wasn't the right guy to have around to establish a good locker room culture.

I'm surprised that they got literally nothing for him. I'm sure the Kings would've made some type of offer for him since they're looking to create some type of Big Three. The rumored Deron Williams for Collison/Thompson/Derrick Williams does not excite me as a Nets fan because that is basically a bag of balls. No picks, no youngsters to try and build with, and no cap relief. If that's the best we can get for D-Will then I'd rather just keep him until something else comes along. His days in Brooklyn are numbered though, we brought him in to be the face of the new Brooklyn franchise and he just doesn't have that type of quality in him.

Thats what the Kings offered us for Smith, and wanted a 1st rounder.

"The Pistons still owe Smith $28 million following this season. Detroit will pay $5.4 million a year over the next five years on a stretch provision for Smith, creating an additional $8.1 million in cap space next two summers."

Thats how it shakes out for cap purposes.

My money would be on Dallas. They have the need, he has a personal relationship with Rondo and if anyone can save his career it's Rick Carlisle

I hope it's the Mavs because we can really use a guy that can put up stats in a hurry from the bench. But I doubt he's going to pass up on starting spots at other playoff bound teams like Houston.

He'll be playing a better position for him in Houston. He's been horrific in Detroit (look at the numbers), but as long as he can get into the basket and doesn't ever have to attempt a jumper he should be fine and help Houston in a big way.

Also, Varejao is out for the year. Curious what over-the-hill big name guy GM LeBron pushes his team to sign. Emeka? AK47?

Josh Smith just will not give enough of a damn to make much of a difference.

Hawks are a younger Spurs, folks. They're showing flashes of being scary good.

Hold on partner, lets not start calling anyone a young spurs just yet.

If Atlanta can trump teams fielding only a skeleton crew, and do it consistently, then I will be a believer... Maybe.

One thing everyone can agree upon is that Kyle Korver is the deadliest shooter in the NBA, arguably in the history of it. He's well on track for the first ever 50-50-90 season, his shooting percentages are off the rails and he simply doesn't make bad shots... And for some reasons he still gets left alone on the perimeter too damn much.

Edited by Jasonmufc