NBA 2014/15 Season Thread

Plubby

I'm fucking amped. Suck shit Portland you just got beat by a bunch of kids.

Massive speculation and wishful thinking ahead: Commentators kept bringing up tonight how Brewer didn't come here for a rebuild, what a great guy he has been anyway blah blah blah. Meanwhile Shabazz has to be in the running for MIP and is just fucking dominant. They then started talking about how he's busting his arse trying to make the starting roster to achieve his ultimate goal of playing in an All-Star game. Long story short, I'm hoping it means that the much discussed trading of Brewer is going to happen. I love that he has a goat, I love that he's always smiling and never stops talking. But his bad habits drive me insane. Especially when our main guys don't have the experience yet to know how the fuck you play defence 4-5 because Brewer decided to foolishly gamble for a steal in the back court (or has done the same in a half court set leaving everyone scrambling). Brewer probably is great in the locker-room, but he isn't great on the court.

If we can move him for a pick or a PG I'd be ecstatic. If we get a player back for Brewer I hope we either cut or manage to trade Budinger for a pick because Jeff Adrien is fitting the team really well. Hell if it comes to it and Glen Taylor isn't willing to swallow Budinger's contract I hope we cut Turiaf. I love him but he's always injured and Adrien is cut from the same cloth but with more offence.

2-0 with Jody Meeks!

We're still bad, but maybe at the very least we found another guy that can be part of the rebuild with Andre Drummond. Meeks didn't come in and shoot the lights out, but he played smart, hit free throws, and just...he did everything right that the other guys on the team do wrong. Just wish we could figure a way to get a decent starting small forward and a better PG, might actually have something looking toward next year.

Their schedule over the last couple of weeks has been a big part of that. Still, nine game winning streaks don't just happen. If they stay healthy, the Hawks could be a great sleeper pick in the playoffs. Fittingly, they're starting to remind me of the Spurs. Coach Budweiser's scheme is starting to bare fruit.

Their schedule over the last couple of weeks has been a big part of that. Still, nine game winning streaks don't just happen. If they stay healthy, the Hawks could be a great sleeper pick in the playoffs. Fittingly, they're starting to remind me of the Spurs. Coach Budweiser's scheme is starting to bare fruit.

And you were doing so well. #datKoolAid

I expected Hawks to challenge the Wiz for the division. Hawks do not have the depth that Washington has, in fact nobody in the East matches their depth except maybe Toronto. Because of the makeup of the teams at the top of the East it's a lot more wide open than I expected, but Cleveland especially has a lot of time to tinker and just add what they need at will as the season goes on. They are mostly thin outside of their starting 5 right now but I expect that to change.

Also word is Jabari Parker tore his ACL.