The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

Not really arsed about O'Driscoll coming in. You can be an excellent coach and not be a good manager. If he helps get the best out the players than great he's done his job. Couldn't give a fuck about his win/loss record.

But if he doesn't wear shorts all the time then I'll have a problem...

It's a nice bonus that he has a good managerial record as well then.

Hobo, I agree with you. I'd never heard of O'Driscoll when he became manager of my team. Five years later he was arguably the best manager in our history. He's a man who knows how to gel a team together and can instill footballing philosophies very well. I think he's well suited to a coaching job at a top team, and I think he'll fit well at Liverpool.

Not really arsed about O'Driscoll coming in. You can be an excellent coach and not be a good manager. If he helps get the best out the players than great he's done his job. Couldn't give a fuck about his win/loss record.

Hobo, I agree with you. I'd never heard of O'Driscoll when he became manager of my team. Five years later he was arguably the best manager in our history. He's a man who knows how to gel a team together and can instill footballing philosophies very well. I think he's well suited to a coaching job at a top team, and I think he'll fit well at Liverpool.

See that's why I don't understand the uproar from some fans. Brendan has praised him before and they both share similar ideas.

It's literally just because Internet fans may not have heard of him. We are meant to be promoting a youth coach to first team as well who is supposed to be held in high regard.

• Like 1

Legit, I appreciate all he's done, but he did nothing to save us last season that almost every fan wasn't calling for for months before they turned things around. He was a pig-headed and short-tempered buffoon, and I'd rather be relegated without him than in the top flight with him. I do think they've probably kept him on just long enough to sign people up to new contracts who might be faithful to him before going fresh.

Hearing on the radio how players were reluctant to join us because of the reputation of the club this season was incredibly depressing.

• Like 1

See that's why I don't understand the uproar from some fans. Brendan has praised him before and they both share similar ideas.

It's literally just because Internet fans may not have heard of him. We are meant to be promoting a youth coach to first team as well who is supposed to be held in high regard.

The only source for that is Jamie Carragher tbh. I'd rather the club didn't just promote a youth coach to work with the first team particularly the u16 coach as is the case there.

Looking at who's free at the moment, market is a lot better than when he was sacked before. I'd take Di Matteo or Curbishley given a choice of the currently managerially unattached, but I do wonder if Cambiasso might be being positioned into a player/manager role and that's why he hasn't officially signed yet.

Ha, fuck off Pearson. I wonder if he wasn't happy about his son being released?

If Benji is happy, I'm happy. Genuinely hope Leicester move forward now.

The timing is the weirdest thing. Like I say, I suspect this may have been very much planned in advance. Not many managers available at time of first (technically second) sacking, and he has a fair few loyalists in the team, I'm thinking the board cancelled his original sacking so they could see out the season, get players signed up, and hopefully have more manager choices available too. Only person out of contract yet to sign up now is Cambiasso as far as I'm aware, and there's been rumours of him joining coaching staff all season anyway, particularly he's been basically leading the team on the training pitch and in matches anyway.