The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

Okay.

Okay.

REMEMBER. You can only trust yourselves......Oh yeah and our fans.....and your families.

But only yourselves.

Now get nice and tight into me. Ooooh.

I'll never understand this garbage.

What a joker.

I don't see anything wrong with the Sterling thing there. Sterling said something Rodgers deemed disrespectful and Rodgers called it out.

To me it just looks like Rodgers asserting that he is the manager and that players should address him accordingly.

Okay.

Okay.

REMEMBER. You can only trust yourselves......Oh yeah and our fans.....and your families.

But only yourselves.

What a joker.

I don't see anything wrong with the Sterling thing there. Sterling said something Rodgers deemed disrespectful and Rodgers called it out.

To me it just looks like Rodgers asserting that he is the manager and that players should address him accordingly.

Was Sterling just there saying "steady" under his breath? It doesn't make any sense why would anybody do that.

Okay.

Okay.

But only yourselves.

What a joker.

Was Sterling just there saying "steady" under his breath? It doesn't make any sense why would anybody do that.

My assumption was it happened during the training session and not actually caught on camera or on mic. It reminds me of the kinda thing you see in school were some kid says something disrespectful, a teacher hears it, but the kid maintains his innocence even after getting caught and still gets a telling off for it.

Aston Villa will host Manchester United on a Friday night in their opening home game of the new Premier League season.

The match will be played on 14 August because of "unique circumstances" and televised live on Sky Sports.

West Midlands Police rejected a Saturday match because of an English Defence League march, and United are in Champions League action the following week, ruling out Sunday, 16 August.

Friday night football is part of the new TV deal for the 2016-17 season.

On the one hand, I'm pleased that the Villa game is on the Friday night, because it's my birthday and I'll definitely try to get tickets. On the other hand though, I'll probably have to go and cover the demo, which will be a barrel of laughs.

On a random note, I've been archive-trawling and here are some things I don't remember saying/typing 11 years ago when I young and (more) foolish:

15 May 2004:

"I'm not saying that Mourinho is a worse coach than Ranieri, but I certainly wouldn't place him as a significant improvement."

7 July 2004

"I don't care how good Cech is, I wouldn't want him at the expense of losing Cudicini."

17 July 2004

"Kezman seems like he has the potential to be a worthwhile signing...unlike some people (*cough* Drogba *cough*)."

What do I know. :shifty:

Edited by stokeriño
  • Like 10

On a random note, I've been archive-trawling and here are some things I don't remember saying/typing 11 years ago when I young and (more) foolish:

15 May 2004:

"I'm not saying that Mourinho is a worse coach than Ranieri, but I certainly wouldn't place him as a significant improvement."

7 July 2004

"I don't care how good Cech is, I wouldn't want him at the expense of losing Cudicini."

17 July 2004

"Kezman seems like he has the potential to be a worthwhile signing...unlike some people (*cough* Drogba *cough*)."

What do I know. :shifty:

Amazing. We should all do this!

How do you do this?  Is their an easy way to do it on the new board?

Not especially. The actual Search (or Advanced Search) functions are still rubbish.

I went to my profile and looked up my 'Activity' (filtered to Posts), clicked the >> button to take me to the end of the list, aka 2004, and just browsed back from there.