The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

On a random note, I've been archive-trawling and here are some things I don't remember saying/typing 11 years ago when I young and (more) foolish:

15 May 2004:

"I'm not saying that Mourinho is a worse coach than Ranieri, but I certainly wouldn't place him as a significant improvement."

7 July 2004

"I don't care how good Cech is, I wouldn't want him at the expense of losing Cudicini."

17 July 2004

"Kezman seems like he has the potential to be a worthwhile signing...unlike some people (*cough* Drogba *cough*)."

What do I know. :shifty:

Amazing. We should all do this!

Apparently this was my view on the Mourinho appointment;

"This guy sounds like an arrogant twat. I never realised he was like that. He is going around like he is going to win everything next season. Hope they fall flat on their faces and go crawling back to Ranieri."

It's hard to read back old posts, I was so young. :blush:

Clearly I was wrong. :shifty:

Reading back on a random old post of mine for the 2008/2009 season. 

Liverpool 6th are you having a laugh?!!!! Damn i don't think Sunderland will get top 10 and City and Spurs won't break the top 4.

There'll be a battle for 5th but the top 4 will be the same

Technically I got all of them right as Liverpool finished 2nd, Sunderland finished 16th, City finished 10th and Spurs finished 8th. There was also a battle for 5th as Everton finished one point ahead of Villa.

I'm so smart when it comes to football :shifty: 

I also realised I typed like a 5 year old yet somehow have ended up with a law degree. 

Edited by David Marrio

• Admin

Ten clubs eliminated in my quest to find a club to support. I took Man U, Man City, Chelsea, and Liverpool out of my hat prior to the drawing, so only six teams were eliminated fairly. :shifty:

The ten remaining:

Arsenal

Bournemouth

Everton

Leicester

Newcastle

Norwich

Stoke

Swansea

Spurs

Watford

West Brom

The next elimination round will see me draw five more clubs out of the hat. Those five will be eliminated. With five left, I'll pull four out, and the last club remaining will win my undying support...as long as I get enough of their matches on television. <_<

How deep is this fucking hat Meac, have you got lost inside it?

Why did you take out the four teams most likely to be on TV if that's one of the sticking points for you?

Aren't basically all the matches on TV in most countries outside the UK?

• Like 1

Why did you take out the four teams most likely to be on TV if that's one of the sticking points for you?

I think so. USA has NBC Sports Live Extra or something to that extent which broadcasts (nearly?) every Premier League match on the red button.