The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

Leicester are just one of several Midlands-ish clubs that I quite like (FM is to blame for most of them). The fact that I can hold soft spots for Aston Villa AND Leicester City AND Nottingham Forest AND (to a lesser extent) Notts County...just goes to show that I must be an outsider for not being partizan enough and sufficiently hating any of them. :shifty:

Except Birmingham City. Fuck those guys.

Could you change that lesser extent to a greater extent?

I think everyone can agree on 'Fuck Birmingham City' though.

It's the one true unifying football fan opinion.

• Like 2

Is the NFL a London thing?  I don't know one person that follows the NFL.  Is it one of those yuppie "I'm a Londoner" things?

You know me! I'm no southerner!

Unrelated but it's one year ago today since David Luiz put in the worst footballing performance of all time.

Edited by Dan

Is the NFL a London thing?  I don't know one person that follows the NFL.  Is it one of those yuppie "I'm a Londoner" things?

Definitely not a London thing. I've got a bunch of friends who follow the NFL, one of said friends also plays American Football for England Youth though so there's his reasoning I imagine. >_>

Edited by Troy Saint

I'd encourage anyone who hasn't been to a game to go along to one at Wembley/Spurs new stadium at some point, even if you have no interest in the sport. It's a great experience.

• Like 1

/profile/41626-troy-saint/" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="http://www.ewbattleground.com/profile/41626-troy-saint/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="41626">@Troy Saint You're picking them at the wrong time, you have a huge gap after the superbowl where nothing of interest (for a new fan anyway) happens. Pick a team just before pre-season and you'll enjoy it a lot more.

• Like 1