The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

I'm not even angry, the better team lost. We'll finish in mid-table no man's land and you're still getting relegated.

Didn't watch the Liverpool game, what did Mane do? In my head he's scored then ran around the pitch for three minutes gaining two bookings in the process.

Yep. Pretty much. 

No need for him to do the second tackle it was daft. Koeman looked pissed off with him. 

I see the link on the BBC Sport page entitled Liverpool must calm down - Klopp and thought I was about to witness the most unintentionally hilarious thing...but no, in fact in the video he says "we have to cool this down".

You build me up and then snatch it away, BBC. :( 

• Like 2

• Admin

TIM Sherwood and Brendan Rodgers will drive around the country solving mysteries, they confirmed yesterday.

The duo have launched a detective agency called ‘Rodwood’, promising to deliver their special brand of justice wherever they are needed.

Rodgers said: “Each week I will have three envelopes, one of which will contain the name of the criminal we’re after and the other two will have a series of excuses why we didn’t catch them.

“We’re hoping for a 61% conviction rate, which is enough to put you in the top four of crimefighting duos alongside your Dalziel & Pascoes and your Rosemary & Thymes.”

For their first case, a series of small bandstand fires in a Carlisle park, Rodgers has asked the local authority for a budget of sixty million pounds to assemble a team of promising young detectives from across Europe, as well as Joe Allen.

Sherwood said: “Tim Sherwood will get results because Tim Sherwood does not know the meaning of the word ‘failure’, despite the numerous chances Tim Sherwood has recently had to find out.”

• Like 6

Glad they've appealed. I know we've become used to minimal contact being a foul these days, but I certainly didn't think a 50/50 shoulder to shoulder battle of strength was a foul. If that's the rule nowadays then fair enough, but I was shocked yesterday. Again, if Fletcher was ahead of him and it was a barge into the back, there'd be no arguments. I honestly think the way Fletcher went down, and with the crowd behind the goal all screaming for a pen, the ref just went along with it. I just wonder if he'd have done the same if it was at a different ground and not so many fans were appealing.