The Barclays Premier League thread 2015/2016

Lineker

It's mad how Payet and Wijnaldum have ended up at West Ham and Newcastle. Top, top players.

Although it is good for the league to see these players ply their craft for the lesser teams so to speak. Part of the reason the league seems more competitive this season.

I'm watching all those goals until tomorrow's class. I think this is right there with that Tottenham win in 2008 in my ''Top exhibitions from Newcastle'' list.

cb757303b653fb9e75498cf538af0e47_320x320

It's mad how Payet and Wijnaldum have ended up at West Ham and Newcastle. Top, top players.

Although it is good for the league to see these players ply their craft for the lesser teams so to speak. Part of the reason the league seems more competitive this season.

It's that extra tv money that's helping the smaller teams, look at the likes of Mahrez and the players Stoke are pulling in. I'd put Mitrovic in there too.

• Like 2

I think it kinda shows how teams in the top 6 have been quite underwhelming in the recent transfer windows.

Mahrez was £600,000 from Ligue 2 and signed when Leicester were in the Championship. He's hardly the posterboy for bumper TV megamoney.

• Like 2

Don't worry, Arsenal are going to spunk £37m on him in January because he's been in good form for two months.

Gini, Ayoze and Mitrovic have so much quality, it's going to be exciting to see how they mesh this season. Seeing Sissoko going full beast mode for the first time in a long time was a sight to see too.

If the defence can wake up then the potential is there, especially considering all the top four form last year have been played already.