2015 NFL Season

Dan

7 hours ago, Maxx said:

A similar punishment?  He didn't do anything!  How can you possible think that trash talking prior to a game should carry the same punishment as a cheap shot helmet to helmet hit after a play was over, on top of all the other stupid shit Beckham did?  Please explain your reasoning behind such an insane idea.  

Norman got a punishment that fit his crime, he got fined.  

I think Beckham should've actually gotten more games for what he did, the rest of the season probably would've been fitting given that there's only two games. I just think the whole baseball bat thing was a bit ridiculous and could've carried a bit more than Norman got.

11 hours ago, Maxx said:

A similar punishment?  He didn't do anything!  How can you possible think that trash talking prior to a game should carry the same punishment as a cheap shot helmet to helmet hit after a play was over, on top of all the other stupid shit Beckham did?  Please explain your reasoning behind such an insane idea.  

Norman got a punishment that fit his crime, he got fined.  

You know the answer to that... homerism.

10 hours ago, VintagePuke said:

A lot of the cynical Lions fans are saying "Big Deal, the Saints defense sucks". It's true and all, but if Stafford plays a shitty game then they say "See? Told you he sucks, couldn't do anything against the Saints". The narrative always changes, the fanbase is weird in Detroit. You have some that think Stafford is elite if only they gave him an online, a running game, and more weapons. That's true for most QBs really, but it's never Staffords fault. Then of course, you have the guys that give him credit for nothing.

The new GM should make things interesting. Much as I've criticized Stafford, I think he can be good but isn't good enough to carry a team. Give him a line and he can win us games.

It should be noted by the way, our running game has had a vast improvement since Cooter took over. I think that's probably had a hand in Stafford playing better as well.

The problem with Stafford is similar to the problem with Jay Cutler. They're not consistently good enough to carry the team to big wins when the rest of the team is down, but they're better 99.9% of the QBs available at any given moment, and they keep your record good enough that you don't get a high draft pick. Couple that with the fact that neither franchise has ever really been known for drafting QBs, and you get stuck with them, and they become the focus of the fans ire because they're the face of the franchise.

You can definitely win with either guy, but you need to build the team around them, moreso than the elite guys. They're mid-second tier QBs, on teams that, right now, would need elite QBs to be competitive at the top of the league. 

There is no way in Hell that Norman deserved a harsher penalty than he got.

Lets not forget that OBJ had multiple unnecessary roughness calls in the game and that a helmet to helmet hit - intentional or not - can potentially lead to injuries.

Now, if the homophobic slurs that Norman was accused of making can be proven, fine. Most definitely punish him further. But if OBJ only got butthurt because of supposed taunting with a baseball bat, then he's one of the biggest pussies to ever wear an NFL uniform and is playing the wrong sport.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DFF said:

I'd agree with that. To me, Stafford is a good to very good QB that, like you said, isn't the kind to be able to carry a team by himself. I think the O-line still needs improving (though probably not as much as our early form may have suggested). Throw in a DT and DBs (and throw in the easier schedule next year) and we could easily be a 10+ win team again.

NFL schedules for the most part are pre-determined and only two games are based off your previous record. Every team plays:

• Each team in their own division twice
  • One entire division from within their own conference on a rotating basis (every 3 years)
  • One entire division from the opposite conference on a rotating basis (every 4 years)
  • One team from the other two divisions in your own conference that finished in the same place (1st place vs 1st place and so on)

The Lions are due for the NFC East and AFC South next year, plus either the Rams/49ers from the NFC West and the Bucs/Saints from the NFC South 

I'm biased but I think the AFC South will be a tough division next year. I expect Houston to add a QB in the draft and already have a mean D and a top tier WR, the Colts will be bouncing back with a healthy Luck, the Titans have Mariota, Delanie Walker and a good D. The Jags have a really good young offense and will draft/sign mainly defensive players along with Fowler coming into the team.

• Like 1

Seeing as I've now given up on the Giants season, they'd better not fuck things up and finish 2nd avoiding the London trip.

If both the Redskins and Giants win this week, it's going to be an odd week 17 for me and my Eagles supporting friend. It'll be role reversals with both of us cheering on a loss so we can see our teams finish 3rd and play the Rams in London! :wacko:

• Like 1

Yeah, I know how the scheduling works - I was saying that the combo of Nfc East and Afc South is easier than we've had to play this year. 

19 minutes ago, damshow said:

Brandon Weeden will start for his 2nd NFL team this year, as Hoyer won't be starting for Houston due to a concussion.

Congratulations Mr. Weeden! Accomplishing the rare in-season double reserved usually for only the most mediocre of players.

Brandon Weeden wishes he was even mediocre. 

• Like 2

Knock knock? Who's there? Brandon Weedan, and I'm going throw up some ducks.

• Like 2

Lady trys to get her parrot to do the Eagles chant...Parrot gives up and says "Lets go Flyers"

Yea, that parrot is a true Philly sports fan...

8 hours ago, Meacon said:

Kirk Cousins kneed the ball instead of spiking it to end the first half. What a Washington thing to do.

Kirk Cousins got me 44.2 points :pervert: