2015 NFL Season

Dan

My father is watching the Chargers/Packers game right now. I changed the channel (I'm watching Bacon Paradise 2 on Travel Channel) to check the score for myself. Except for the gray pants, those Packers throwback unis are cool. We're both for the Green Bay.

I hate to blame the referees for a loss, but that second half could've been entirely different if not for that horrendous touchdown call. According to the rule and recent interpretation if the receiver is being tackled, he has to either break the tackle or go to ground to establish possession. It's not enough to break the plane. 

The underlying problem is obviously the language of the rule, it's leading to similar situations being called in entirely different ways and I'm fucking sick of it. 

New catch rules:

1. Is the ball secure? 

2. Are relevant body parts down in bounds?

THEN IT'S A FUCKING CATCH. 

None of this football move bollocks. No freeze frame analysis. We're in danger of losing circus catches altogether, why make the effort if it just leads to half an hour of handwringing and an incompletion call? 

The roughing the passer call at the end was a crock too. 

• Like 2

So glad we finally got a win, and moreso that it came via the tried and tested combo of 'Stafford wheels out of the pocket and launches it deep for Megatron to make a play'. We need more of that this year.

• Like 1

I'm still trying to figure out what the fuck that fake punt play was last night. If that was Pagano's idea he should've been sacked about 1.4 seconds after the game ended

• Like 1

I'm still trying to figure out what the fuck that fake punt play was last night. If that was Pagano's idea he should've been sacked about 1.4 seconds before the game ended

Fixed for correctness....though I do have the NFL Network on in my room as background noise during the night and apparently there was some confusion somewhere and trying to lure the Pats into a 12 men on the field penalty. Fucking boneheaded call that cost them the game.

Sam Bradford and Chip Kelly's offense is such a terrible combo. Bradford is awful as it is, but it's constant three and outs, with the defense getting no break. It just sets our defense up for failure. I am just ready for us to finish this season at 6-10 or 7-9 and the Eagles to start fresh with a new regime.

Just booked my train to London, can't be bothered driving down this year. Not even sure why I'm going to be honest, we're going to lose :(

It'll still be a good time. I've only been to four NFL games, but football is probably my favorite spectator sport to see live. It gives you a better view of things as opposed to TV since you can see everything going on at once.

And sorry to double post but it wouldn't embed when I edited. But I thought some of you would dig this.

I honestly have no idea how tonight's game will go, part of me thinks we'll get destroyed another part thinks that they're there for the taking

The 49ers have played a lot better at home than on the road this year so I think it will be close. If it was in Seattle it'd be a different story but I'm confident that it will at least be close.