2015 NFL Season

Dan

The Cowboys can quit pretending Weeden is worth anything at all and start Cassel anytime now.

yes I'm sure Matt Cassel who was garbage the last time he started and couldn't win the starting job in QB starved Buffalo and has had 2 weeks to learn the offense will be a huge upgrade.

• Like 2

It's all just karma for signing Greg Hardy.

Yeah well, it sucks he's exactly what the defense needed and was a force out there.  Would really like to be able to cheer for that.  Of course he was putting Brady on his ass, and that will always make me smile, regardless of who is doing it.

• Like 1

We're being Denver?

I guess I better start clapping, because it's a New Day. FEEL THE POWER! 

God bless. You're so cute.

Losing by 6 in a game we could have won is a huge step up from where we've been.

I wouldn't expect you to understand, though, you just jumped on a winning teams bandwagon. You're like a summer child, but don't forget that winter is coming, and the donkeys will grow gaunt and frail while the darkness prowls the woods. The wind is a rollicking raider, and a barrel will not protect you when it comes. 

Actually, do you even get that reference? Not the GoT stuff, but the barrel?

Ahh quality banter. "My team lost?! Oh yeah, well I liked FOOTBALL BEFORE YOU DID." No shit, you're a) older and b) American. 

BTW I googled the poem. Odd, there's no barrel. And it's only the sound of the wind that's rollicking, not the wind itself, nor the raider. TIL I suck at metaphor.

denver-broncos-barrel-man-barrel-title.j

That is the barrel. It's a reference to the best known Denver Broncos superfan.

The poem is relevant to the Raiders because it was used in a classic NFL Films, err, film. It's an iconic part of Raiders history.

I'm probably a bit too sensitive, but I honestly don't feel you've earned the 'right' to be taken at all seriously when it comes to talking shit about my team, as you've only recently become a Broncos fan. It's one thing when Meacon talks a little shit, he's been around, he's earned that, you haven't, and it doesn't sit right with me. Until you've proven that you're willing to stick around when the lean times come for Denver, and they will, I'm not going to take your shit talking at all seriously.

It really has absolutely nothing to do with 'I've liked football longer than you', and everything to do with the fact that you're a bandwagon fan and a self-proclaimed troll (in this thread, at least). Isn't there some third string QB you should be hyping up somewhere?

Yeah he probably didn't learn anything from Farve. Good point.

Probably upped his dick pic game a bit.

• Like 1

denver-broncos-barrel-man-barrel-title.j

That is the barrel. It's a reference to the best known Denver Broncos superfan.

The poem is relevant to the Raiders because it was used in a classic NFL Films, err, film. It's an iconic part of Raiders history.

I'm probably a bit too sensitive, but I honestly don't feel you've earned the 'right' to be taken at all seriously when it comes to talking shit about my team, as you've only recently become a Broncos fan. It's one thing when Meacon talks a little shit, he's been around, he's earned that, you haven't, and it doesn't sit right with me. Until you've proven that you're willing to stick around when the lean times come for Denver, and they will, I'm not going to take your shit talking at all seriously.

It really has absolutely nothing to do with 'I've liked football longer than you', and everything to do with the fact that you're a bandwagon fan and a self-proclaimed troll (in this thread, at least). Isn't there some third string QB you should be hyping up somewhere?

There is no such thing as 'rights' in sports fandom. He can talk all the shit he likes. That's sports.

• Like 2

It's all just karma for signing Greg Hardy.

12107751_638290994012_223652120606859551

Your face when it's finally the defense's fault your team loses.

The secondary is like a barrel AFTER you're done shooting the fish in it. 

4 losses by a combined 17 points - 6, 4, 4 and 3. We could be in a far better position right now. 

Four hundred and sixty yards given up to Josh McCown, The guy so bad last year he had a meme dedicated to him and lead Tampa to #1 overall. Just makes my head hurt.

Atleast Lions fans have Michigan and Sparty... We've got the Terps... 

• Like 1

Had to google the barrel guy too. Because he passed away before I followed football. You say that it's not about how long i've liked football but you keep bringing up things that existed or were created prior to me following football. At every single turn you bring up duration of fandom. If you really maintain that it's not about how long i've supported the team, then I urge you to re-examine your examples. They don't match your message. I'm sorry I wasn't following football when you were, nor when all these examples you raise existed, really I am. However that doesn't mean I like it any less than you. Just not as long. 

Were I inclined to believed that correlation is the same as causality, I might agree that simply because I followed a team at a certain time then what immediately preceded it (them winning) would be the cause. Thankfully I know it is not. I would point out that until last year, I only followed the College game as I consider it to be more enjoyable. Those of you who are my Facebook friend will find a cropped screencap from 16 August 2014. It's of my email confirmation to the first NFL tickets I bought. This was the day I decided to be a Broncos fan. It had nothing to do with Denver winning. It was because I was planning my trip to the US, and I was going to be in town for a week - it was nothing more than happenstance that lead to two Broncos games being on during the week that I was in town. I planned my trip around the Avalanche schedule, and lucked out with the Broncos. I decided that I might as well commit to being a fan if i'm going to spend nearly $500 on tickets. I was in the house - I was twelve rows from the goal line that Peyton Manning threw the ball over to break the career touchdown record. I was there. I was a part of that history. That's why i'll remain a Denver fan. I don't expect you to believe me now, it would be only too convenient for me to simply say that i'll always be a fan. All i'll say is that I find it a grotesque insult that you're attributing my fandom to bandwagoning. And i'll ask you to come see me when they're bad. I'll show you then. And I hope that when somebody's team finally beats Denver (which is gonna happen, we're playing far too badly to not start losing real soon. Also we play Green Bay in two weeks) that I take it in better grace than you have :\

Bucs are red, Jags are....a color that requires blue to make,
God hates Dan more than me :D . 

At least Bortles looks good this year. I'm running out of ideas on how we manageg to lose games. We should be 3-2 right now and stupid mistakes (fumbling into our own endzone to gift you a TD on a 1st and 10, giving up a huge screen pass on 3rd and 15 - both with the lead in the 3rd quarter and last week missing 2 game winning field goals) are costing victories.

Bradley will be fired if we're 1-6 going into the bye, this is the most talent I've seen on a Jags offense in years and losing these games is inexcusable.

Had to google the barrel guy too. Because he passed away before I followed football. You say that it's not about how long i've liked football but you keep bringing up things that existed or were created prior to me following football. At every single turn you bring up duration of fandom. If you really maintain that it's not about how long i've supported the team, then I urge you to re-examine your examples. They don't match your message. I'm sorry I wasn't following football when you were, nor when all these examples you raise existed, really I am. However that doesn't mean I like it any less than you. Just not as long. 

Were I inclined to believed that correlation is the same as causality, I might agree that simply because I followed a team at a certain time then what immediately preceded it (them winning) would be the cause. Thankfully I know it is not. I would point out that until last year, I only followed the College game as I consider it to be more enjoyable. Those of you who are my Facebook friend will find a cropped screencap from 16 August 2014. It's of my email confirmation to the first NFL tickets I bought. This was the day I decided to be a Broncos fan. It had nothing to do with Denver winning. It was because I was planning my trip to the US, and I was going to be in town for a week - it was nothing more than happenstance that lead to two Broncos games being on during the week that I was in town. I planned my trip around the Avalanche schedule, and lucked out with the Broncos. I decided that I might as well commit to being a fan if i'm going to spend nearly $500 on tickets. I was in the house - I was twelve rows from the goal line that Peyton Manning threw the ball over to break the career touchdown record. I was there. I was a part of that history. That's why i'll remain a Denver fan. I don't expect you to believe me now, it would be only too convenient for me to simply say that i'll always be a fan. All i'll say is that I find it a grotesque insult that you're attributing my fandom to bandwagoning. And i'll ask you to come see me when they're bad. I'll show you then. And I hope that when somebody's team finally beats Denver (which is gonna happen, we're playing far too badly to not start losing real soon. Also we play Green Bay in two weeks) that I take it in better grace than you have :\

You were there for that H18TORY, get it right.

Also, more grace?  Dude, you went after him first.

So how about that AmericaBall yeah?

Woo SportsBall! HandEgg! AmericaBall! 

So we've got the HaynePlane next week... A couple guys in my fantasy league have emailed a betting site for custom odds on Hayne scoring 2 TDs... Damn it if we're going to lose I'm going to cash in.