2015 NFL Season

Dan

Holy crap. I just ran around my room when Bell ran in the game winning TD, and may have let out some kind of shriek/squeal when the referee raised his arms. The extra emotion was partly due to how bad we'd been on offense all game only to completely change the story in the fourth quarter.

As far as bandwagoning it goes I've been accused of it myself because the Steelers won the Super Bowl the first year I supported them. It was purely because I bought Madden and they drafted me in Superstar mode and I got to know their players, I didn't even know they'd gone 15-1 the season before. There's no way I can afford to go and watch them play (even at Wembley) but I'll support them as much as I can by running around my room and shrieking.

The Texans I can understand. But I'm surprised that anyone supports the Browns or Jaguars. 

Why not? I don't mind watching my team lose - yeah it sucks but I can deal with it. Some people get too invested in sports teams and have massive tantrums when their team loses. I prefer the smaller fan base and hoping we'll be better each year to expecting to be good. In football/soccer I support my local team (Hartlepool, currently placed 85th in the English football/soccer ladder) and the times we've had success have been so amazing.

Plus you never know who is going to be good in 2 or 3 years. Imagine becoming a Bucs fan right after the Superbowl win, or a Rams or Titans fan after that Superbowl.

Shocked we walked away with the victory last night. We're lucky we've got arguably the best RB in the league to drag us to victories like that. Vick was terrible, how the Chargers walked away from that game without a single interception is beyond me. He had a few moments in the 4th but that doesn't make up for a performance that had me terrified every single time he looked to throw the ball.

Massive win, now back to praying Big Ben get's healthy ASAP.

Well if they don't win the Super Bowl I'm not a fan anymore. 

Then I'll probably be a Packers fan.

Eh, no, can't do that. I'm stuck with the Lions I guess for better or worse (mostly worse) but I am sick of a lot of the problems right now. It seems our offensive coordinator has created a scheme and is trying to stick square pegs into rounds holes. The teams owner is a 90 year old widow that up until the death of her husband was completely silent on the team, and I think it's leaving fans wondering what credentials she has to run the team? That makes many fans think that Mayhew and Lewand are probably safe despite their putrid track record as draft picks (2013 of course being the anomaly). So there doesn't appear to be any hope in sight when this up coming offseason is a golden opportunity to give the reigns to a GM that knows what the fuck they are doing. Plenty of cap space, plenty of draft picks, and Matt Stafford can be cut without any penalty.

Fuck our fans as well. They are a bunch of assholes in their own way. Good on them for booing the team sure, but why are they still selling out Ford Field? Send a message to owner and quit making them money. The internet fans suck as well, maybe the worst type of football fan to debate with.

I'm really sick of the whole fucking franchise, and am I guess numb? I don't know, it's just a football team, sort of like Dan said. The Lions lost Sunday but I was in a great mood all day anyway, some folks get angry and have their day ruined. I feel like it's a big waste of time more than anything else, like I could be doing something else Sunday but my curiosity gets the best of me. And I do like watching football, it's a great sport.

• Like 2

The Cowboys can quit pretending Weeden is worth anything at all and start Cassel anytime now.

yes I'm sure Matt Cassel who was garbage the last time he started and couldn't win the starting job in QB starved Buffalo and has had 2 weeks to learn the offense will be a huge upgrade.

They've made the switch, I expect similar results. 

The Cowboys can quit pretending Weeden is worth anything at all and start Cassel anytime now.

yes I'm sure Matt Cassel who was garbage the last time he started and couldn't win the starting job in QB starved Buffalo and has had 2 weeks to learn the offense will be a huge upgrade.

*insert obvious 3rd string joke here*

• Like 2

*insert obvious 3rd string joke here*

Looks empty to me.

Deadspin and SB Nation lost their Twitter accounts thanks to the NFL. Because they were posting copyrighted footage without permission.

Deadspin losing their Twitter account is not the worst thing. 

• Like 1

• Admin

The Seattle Seahawks announced Thursday the team has suspended fullback Derrick Coleman indefinitely, pending further information.

Coleman, 24, was booked into King County Correctional Facility in Seattle, Wash., at 1:20 a.m. on Thursday morning. He was charged with vehicular assault and a hit-and-run felony, according to online records.

Coleman was denied bail.

Bellevue Police announced they will hold a press conference at 2 p.m. PT to discuss the arrest.

Coleman, a hearing-impaired fullback, has played the past three seasons for the Seahawks. The blocker has appeared in five games in 2015, with two starts, earning just one carry for two yards.

Falcons should have a fairly straightforward win tonight, right?

The Saints always play them close and Julio could be a decoy. Could be closer than people think.