Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

Looked at the Beeb story on Man U/Bouremouth

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Jonathan Pearce: ""Roll up! Roll up! The Greatest Show on Earth is here for an end-of-the-pier summertime special!

"World-famous ringmaster Jose! Dramatics guaranteed.

"Zlatan the Great starts his trek for a seventh successive debut season title across five countries.

"Jose must make do without the world's most expensive player and says his players are 'undercooked'. Bournemouth's Callum Wilson, fit and almost like a new signing, can certainly feast on any raw spots in the United defence.

"The Cherries have strengthened sensibly but must beware second-season syndrome. Don't gauge their season on this one though!"

You know the last person who was this eccentric in his commentating? Stuart Hall. Just saying...

I've been pestered all week about joining a works one, but they're not really for me. So much chopping and changing with transfers, and a lot of the teams wind up looking almost identical anyway. Would much prefer a draft style game, which have been effectively set up elsewhere before, but requires a LOT of work to pull off.

Anyway, today's the day! :D

• Admin

Dele Alli will retain number 20 but for personal reasons has elected to have the name 'DELE' displayed on the reverse of his match shirts. He explained: “I wanted a name on my shirt that represented who I am and I feel I have no connection with the Alli surname. This is not a decision I have taken without a lot of thought and discussion with family close to me.”

New signings Vincent Janssen and Victor Wanyama have taken numbers 9 and 12 respectively. Yedlin drops down to 32 and Bentaleb is cast back out to 42.

39 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

This is shit....I've gotta wait an extra day :(

The upside to not being on first is still having hope of winning the league past the opening day. I'm kind of glad I get to watch a few other games before ours.

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

Dele Alli will retain number 20 but for personal reasons has elected to have the name 'DELE' displayed on the reverse of his match shirts. He explained: “I wanted a name on my shirt that represented who I am and I feel I have no connection with the Alli surname. This is not a decision I have taken without a lot of thought and discussion with family close to me.”

New signings Vincent Janssen and Victor Wanyama have taken numbers 9 and 12 respectively. Yedlin drops down to 32 and Bentaleb is cast back out to 42.

Do we have to just call him "Dele" from now on then? Annoying.

Just to respond on the Fantasy League point before I take it to the other thread, you don't really have to do too many transfers. I won my mate's league last season barely changing anything for large sections of the season, and came 4th on the EWB one. It can actually be a lot of fun through the whole season if you do it right, and it doesn't take too much maintaining.